What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-Texas Game on ESPN

Does it make me an un-loyal and bad Buff fan to not watch this massacre and instead go to the UDub game here in Seattle against Arizona?

It is my birthday and I don't want to pop a blood vessel watching us get destroyed in front of another national TV audience.

I figure I just drink my face off before the Husky game in the parking lot and forget it is even on.

Thoughts......
I almost missed watching the Oklahoma game in 07 cause I was so sure we were gonna get crushed... Just be careful man, you would hate to miss it if it happens.....

But noooo way is it gonna happen... If it does, I will probably die of happiness...

I have decided to to take the advice of the wise folks on this board and I will drink my face off while watching the Buffs and rather than tailgating I will go to a bar watch the Buffs at 4:15 then walk down to Husky Stadium for the 7pm kickoff and if we get drubbed at least I have a nice Pac 10 matchup to look forward too.

Thank you all for the advice.

Now let's beat the **** out of the Mountaineers!!!!

When's the RRSO? I'm hoping it's the week after us and we catch the horns looking past us toward their annual big game battle against OU over a god awful scrap of land.

Well...Speaks well of the Buffs to be on TV every weekend....ESPN may just have sealed Coach Hawkins' fate....If he pulls the upset....good for him....if he loses big....

:lol: I have a little more faith in our defense than that. I also have faith we can quadruple UTEPs offensive output!

According to the official CU site, we'll be on either ESPN or ESPN2 when we travel to Austin.

As afraid as I am for these next 2 nationally televised road games, there's also a part of me that says "what a great opportunity to get everything back on track and then some".

Blow torch + Gasoline, meet Football Coach.

Good luck Juicebox.

Good lord... the execution will be televised... by ABC/ESPN.

I'm glad it's on so I can see it... but I kinda don't wanna see it. But I watched CSU and Toledo on DVR (Read: I had chances to just stop and go to the end to see the final outcome, but didn't) so it can't get any more worse than that, right? I mean, at least I'll expect a beatdown from the Horns. lol

anybody going to this game? we are heading up on Saturday
I was going for sure if it was a day game, but a late night/early morning drive back to H-Town is making me reconsider.
P.S. Staying in Austin that night is not an option for me (yeah, I know).

I was going for sure if it was a day game, but a late night/early morning drive back to H-Town is making me reconsider.
P.S. Staying in Austin that night is not an option for me (yeah, I know).

They built a Waffle House between ATX and the 713 in the last decade. We could slam coffee and debate Hawk love to fuel your adrenaline for the push home that night.

They built a Waffle House between ATX and the 713 in the last decade. We could slam coffee and debate Hawk love to fuel your adrenaline for the push home that night.
Waffle House Pecan waffles and coffee to go? That might work!:smile2: Besides, playing back each play of the beatdown we put on them will be enough to keep me awake ("...after DScott's 7th TD, I loved how he rode his unicorn around the field and then gored Bevo with the horn!"

Waffle House Pecan waffles and coffee to go? That might work!:smile2: Besides, playing back each play of the beatdown we put on them will be enough to keep me awake ("...after DScott's 7th TD, I loved how he rode his unicorn around the field and then gored Bevo with the horn!"

I'm out of rep. :lol:

Taking my son on his first roady. His best friend is a huge UT fan (his dad went to UT) so we are taking both boys to the game. Fly out of Denver Friday and back on Sunday. No matter the score, we are going to have a great weekend with our sons.

Taking my son on his first roady. His best friend is a huge UT fan (his dad went to UT) so we are taking both boys to the game. Fly out of Denver Friday and back on Sunday. No matter the score, we are going to have a great weekend with our sons.

Hopefully your son and you have better luck on the road than me and my dad. We have yet to see a win (going to K-State this year in the hopes to chalk one up in the W column). We saw 2004 Big 12 CCG against OU, saw 30-3 Nebraska game in 06, last years A&M **** show.

Enjoy

Man a bunch of Debbie Downers around here. Put me down for the Buffs rolling into Austin after their 2nd shut out in a row. Ready to break into the top 25 with an epic upset.

Man a bunch of Debbie Downers around here. Put me down for the Buffs rolling into Austin after their 2nd shut out in a row. Ready to break into the top 25 with an epic upset.

What this guy said. If it happens, I'm finding the nearest Airstream in a parking lot and it's getting tipped.

I was in Austin for the game in 1994. It was a classic. Then, I was at the 2005 game (not the Big 12 Championship game, but the one that was reasonably close).

Sure would be nice to roll out of Austin with a win. Well....maybe in 5 years after we have broken in a new coaching staff.

I was in Austin for the game in 1994. It was a classic. Then, I was at the 2005 game (not the Big 12 Championship game, but the one that was reasonably close).

Sure would be nice to roll out of Austin with a win. Well....maybe in 5 years after we have broken in a new coaching staff.

I was there! Great game! Great town. Rashaan was lights ****ing out!

Completely different atmosphere in 1994. We were the studs, and the Longhorn fans were disinterested for most of the game. How things have changed.

Let me get this out before we go into Morgantown and shock the world tomorrow night, and a few stragglers start reaching for the bandwagon. I am reconsidering my previous thought to pass on the trip to Austin.

I've seen some good road wins (UCLA at the Rose Bowl, Texas A&M at Kyle Field) and even one at Austin (1994 - hot as blazes that day, and what Rashaan did to them, both rushing and receiving, was sick). Singing the fight song with the team after a road win is CRAZY FUN! Could I live with myself if I didn't go to Austin and we somehow pulled the stunner?

Gotta rethink it.

I was in Austin for the game in 1994. It was a classic.

I was there for that one as well. Watching Salaam roll up 300+ in damn near 100* weather was awesome.

Since a lot of Allbuffers were there that day, which one of you had the Rashaan Salaami?:lol:

Back