1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU/Texas preview posted - Do you believe in miracles?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MontanaBuff, Oct 1, 2008.

1. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Greetings, Buff fans, from www.cuatthegame.com!

Homecoming. Big 12 Conference opener against an undefeated, top five team scoring over 50 points per game. Sound familiar? If it doesn’t, please seek medical attention for your recent concussion.

So, what’s the prognosis? As much as their stock has dropped this week, the Colorado football program may as well be mortgage lending conglomerate. Still, with the upset over the Sooners in the bank, and the upset of West Virginia fresh on the CU players’ minds, there is no reason not to be part of the sellout crowd on Saturday. There will be no lack of emotion at kickoff.

As always, we lead off with “T.I.P.S.” for the Texas game:

T - Talent. You’re kidding, right? If there weren’t scholarship limits, Texas would have a scout team touting more recruiting stars that the Buffs’ starters. Mack Brown is a recruiting machine (at least he was until last February!)

I - Intangibles. You know about last season’s Big 12 opener. So do the Longhorns. An advantage for either team?

P - Preparation. What does Texas have in common with five other opponents the Buffs will face this conference campaign?

S - Stats. The Longhorns are very, very, good at almost everything. Almost everything. In one important stat, Texas is ranked in the 100's - just like last season.

Of course, there is so much more:

Texas Trivia. Do you know the full story behind the naming of “Bevo”? What is there in the background of the Longhorns’ most famous coach that UT fans don’t like to acknowledge? Check out this week’s trivia section.

This Day in History. Jim Plunkett for Stanford; Eli Manning for Mississippi; Kentucky beats Alabama for the first time in 75 years. Plus, a CU game outside the normal reach of www.cuatthegame.com (1980 - present): the 1969 Colorado/Indiana game. Do you remember the significance of that game?

Archive Game of the Week. Now that we’re into conference play, we have some great games to work with. What better way to kick off the Big 12 season than with the 1989 Colorado/Texas game. Darian Hagan highlights, anyone?

All available for your enjoyment and critique at www.cuatthegame.com

Go Buffs!

jrod212, buffedup, GoldenBuff and 2 others like this.
  2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

rep

3. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

As always Montana, great read, thank you! I don't now where you come up with some of these things, but the Oklahoma stat of them playing 5 of our next 7 teams directly after us was quite interesting!

4. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

Good work, as always. Props (and rep) to you.

5. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

Great assessment...keep up the good work..and GO BUFFS...

jrod212 and Daaah like this.
  6. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Where is buffsfan getting all this rep I need the rep haha

7. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

He went to Gameday in Atlanta and held a Buffs sign clearly visible during the show. That gets a lot of rep.

And don't bitch. I learned that when I first came here.

8. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

plus his avatar rules.

9. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Thanks for the props (and reps). As for where the CU stuff comes from, I'll quote my wife "He's full of it!" :smile2:

10. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Gracias sorry bout that haha how do u get respectable rep.