What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU to pay $6.8 million of buyout, per Chippy

So is A&M going to be pissed? I thought they stayed in the BXII because they were "promised $20 million"? Does the BigXII blow up now?

Exactly! How are they going to pay the promised $20 million to UT, ATM, and OU.

If Beebe has been this wrong on his exit fees that were going to be paid, how can anyone believe what he is saying the TV contract is going to pay.

Sh!tcan certain member(s) of the AD. Don't forget the 1.5 million that we're getting for being OSU's patsy in 2011.

heyHEYHEY - let's get this thread back on track now.

Congratulations bcs...I had a friend come out of the closet in college, and I'll tell you what, he's way happier these days than if he had repressed everything. You and your bastard friend go celebrate.

Oh, I totally agree. I think this move would have paid off in reasonably short time @ $9 million. At $6.8 it's a great deal.

I was just making a little funny about an expense that is (hopefully) upcoming that might run us a little more than $2.2 million...

I still don't have a lot of faith in the current staff turning things around but, damn I'd be happier spending that kind of money on upgrading facilities and whatnot.

Lets see, $6.8 million. 68 dedicated Allbuffers. That's only $100K each. So, if each of us do a bake sale and sell a cup cake for a buck, assuming it has 50 cents in ingredients, that is just a hundred thousand cup cakes. One for each person in Arvada. I'll get right on that.

Exactly! How are they going to pay the promised $20 million to UT, ATM, and OU.

If Beebe has been this wrong on his exit fees that were going to be paid, how can anyone believe what he is saying the TV contract is going to pay.

How funny would it be if tomorrow Larry Scott very publicly extends invites to OU, OSU, Kansas, and Houston? If you're one of the remaining Big 12 teams - do you still want to stick around in that conference? And offering Houston instead of the texas schools would be poetic justice.

screwus.gif

It's cool that his name means the dispensing of reward or punishment...so, BCS, which was it tonight?

How funny would it be if tomorrow Larry Scott very publicly extends invites to OU, OSU, Kansas, and Houston? If you're one of the remaining Big 12 teams - do you still want to stick around in that conference? And offering Houston instead of the texas schools would be poetic justice.

That wouldn't be funny at all. That would ****ing suck.

Latest tweet: Orangebloods.com has learned Colorado will pay roughly $6.8 million of an estimated $19 million to leave Big 12 after '10-11.

This is phenomenal news -- way to go Mike Bohn! Plus, because of smart legal maneuvering in this process, we're saving approx. $2.5 million more than Nebraska! :lol:

How conveniet that you leave out why....

1) The difference in withdrawal fees between Nebraska and Colorado stems from both projections and previously stated intentions. "It's somewhat based upon the projections over two years of what each institution has historically earned. Nebraska has earned more revenue based on television appearances and bowl appearances. That's one feature of it," Beebe said. "Another feature of it is the result of two types of situations. Colorado originally was indicating it was going to stay in for two years and that was something we had to work through." Some call that unfair. I call it capitalism. I understand why the Big Ten and SEC share equally, and it works for them, but it's a ridiculous assumption that the Big 12 employing unequal revenue sharing is somehow tearing the league apart. This is what the league agreed on. It's nothing new.

How conveniet that you leave out why....

1) The difference in withdrawal fees between Nebraska and Colorado stems from both projections and previously stated intentions. "It's somewhat based upon the projections over two years of what each institution has historically earned. Nebraska has earned more revenue based on television appearances and bowl appearances. That's one feature of it," Beebe said. "Another feature of it is the result of two types of situations. Colorado originally was indicating it was going to stay in for two years and that was something we had to work through." Some call that unfair. I call it capitalism. I understand why the Big Ten and SEC share equally, and it works for them, but it's a ridiculous assumption that the Big 12 employing unequal revenue sharing is somehow tearing the league apart. This is what the league agreed on. It's nothing new.

Funny thing most husker fans don't seem to realize, you guys were getting ****ed worse than anyone on rev sharing, hell CU took home more than you last year. NU has been in the middle of the pack or worse for a longtime revenue wise despite arguably being the number 3 athletic/football brand in the conference. I think Tom and Mike realized that the rev-sharing was a symptom of what was wrong with the league, is it the reason it fell apart? probably not but it seems pretty obvious that leagues that share revenue are much healthier.

Good luck in the Big-10 buddy, and thanks for driving out of the conference so quickly it enabled us to save a few bucks, it is the best result for all of us.

Back