What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Tweeting Recruiting Road Locations Now

Salt Lake, SoCal, Bay Area, Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth and Kansas City. Right. Who are we recruiting in Salt Lake?

Because, why?

Understand if the answer is more appropriate for Barzil.
We are, just wanted to see who would freak out a bit. Their mom loves MacIntyre so we should be in damn good shape with the youngest.

I wonder which coaches are where?

Adams in norcal
Jeffcoat in Dallas, probably got lost on his way to El Paso
Walters Houston?
Clark is our KS Juco guy right?
Leavitt Utah?
Lindgren watching a QB in socal?
Tumpkin probably socal
Bernardi socal too?
Neinas taking the day off, hopefully job hunting (PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS)

Is there a way to make tweets linked in tapatalk? I can read the text but not link to the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toby seems a lot more active this year. Very good thing. As I've said a number of times, if you're going to have a dedicated ST Coordinator then that guy needs to be one of your top recruiters. Appears that Toby has taken on the challenge and is expanding his recruiting role.

[tweet]593246651986259968[/tweet]

Rumor that was heard on the tour was that Leavitt was all over the country this week - Florida, Cali and St. Louis

SO have the coaches completely given up on the in state kids or are they trying to get them to campus for unofficial visits?

SO have the coaches completely given up on the in state kids or are they trying to get them to campus for unofficial visits?

The number of instate kids they're targeting this year is pretty limited. The coaches initially spent time in CO visiting and scouting them, and now they've moved onto scout other targets. No reason to keep someone in Colorado during this window.

In-state recruits can attend pretty much any home game at Folsom by contacting (or having coach contact) the athletic department and getting on the list. (Generally, they can attend for free whether or not they are being recruited, they just have to ask.)
They have to get there on their own, and can't be given anything special (clothing, food, etc. -- nope), but they can get a free ticket to any game.
It's more important at this time to keep in contact with local kids and let them know they can come see the team play, but have coaches make direct contact with out of state prospects who are not likely to attend on unofficial visits.

You are being sarcastic. Right?

No I am being completely serious. I just noticed a lot of the QB prospects we were going after were making unofficial visits so I didn't know if the coaches stopped using their recruiting days instate and tried to get them on campus for unofficial visits. Or if they saw the writing on the wall with Domann and Kemp and moved on, which would be disappointing for two instate kids at a position of need. There are some other intriguing kids to keep an eye on on state with the OT from Valor and Roberts who seems to be gaining steam by the day.

No I am being completely serious. I just noticed a lot of the QB prospects we were going after were making unofficial visits so I didn't know if the coaches stopped using their recruiting days instate and tried to get them on campus for unofficial visits. Or if they saw the writing on the wall with Domann and Kemp and moved on, which would be disappointing for two instate kids at a position of need. There are some other intriguing kids to keep an eye on on state with the OT from Valor and Roberts who seems to be gaining steam by the day.

We have a small class at the moment, so we don't have the luxury of taking some of the instate guys that we would in most years. The class needs to be made up of day 1 contributors. Kemp and Domann I think we will continue to recruit until signing day, but if we have better prospects on our radar at QB and OT then we should probably focus on them.

I disagree that we should be taking Colorado guys who aren't good in years when we have more schollies to give out.

That's a discussion for a different thread though.

Roberts has more P5 offers than 80% of our class last year so I don't think it would be a waste to stay on him, Kemp, Domann and the outside linebacker from Pueblo. The OT from Valor has a bunch of G5 offers so it would seem he should see more from bigger schools soon. That would be similar to the Colorado class last year.

Roberts has more P5 offers than 80% of our class last year so I don't think it would be a waste to stay on him, Kemp, Domann and the outside linebacker from Pueblo. The OT from Valor has a bunch of G5 offers so it would seem he should see more from bigger schools soon. That would be similar to the Colorado class last year.

I hope last years class isn't the standard we want to set going forward.

did you read the recent updates on Kemp and Stoll? We're still in the mix for both, even if it's pretty obvious Kemp has his sights ultimately set elsewhere.

did you read the recent updates on Kemp and Stoll? We're still in the mix for both, even if it's pretty obvious Kemp has his sights ultimately set elsewhere.

Sorry, totally forgot about Stoll. There is more P5 talent this year than last year in CO.

A lot depends on the interaction with the coaches -- if a player continues to indicate interest in CU, then we continue to recruit him. We don't drop him because he might get a "better offer" when there is still communication occurring. Players can let coaches know in a million ways when the interest lags by not answering the phone, texts and emails, etc. If they take a call and talk about your school, consider you still have a chance.

A lot depends on the interaction with the coaches -- if a player continues to indicate interest in CU, then we continue to recruit him. We don't drop him because he might get a "better offer" when there is still communication occurring. Players can let coaches know in a million ways when the interest lags by not answering the phone, texts and emails, etc. If they take a call and talk about your school, consider you still have a chance.

Okay that makes sense. I just didn't know if they focused more on getting the instate kids up to campus or unofficial visits in stead of using recruiting days in state.

What do you tell a Florida kid to get him to visit CU? I'm wondering how that even works. I'm assuming it's Leavitt leading the effort down there. He clearly has some connections with coaches. Getting in the living room is a great first step, but you have to then get them to visit the campus. I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

Back