What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU v. ISU banter

Al_4_State

I'm a Clone fan, and I come in peace. I vacation in CO every summer, climbing 14ers and sampling the local brews. Would be headed to Boulder, but I'm in a wedding that day.

Anyways, I didn't see much chatter about Saturday, which isn't surprising given all that's happened around here the last day or so. I was just wondering what Buffs fans were feeling for the game.

My thoughts are that you guys probably have an edge in the talent column, and we'll have a major edge in the coaching column. There are so many external factors that could either be good or bad for you guys. Sometimes the firing of a coach sparks the team, either because they loved him and want to win one for the Gipper, or because they hate him and are relieved that he's gone. I get the impression that your team is somewhat split in their opinion on The Hawk.

Our guys are obviously coming off an emotional game, so it's hard to tell how they'll be. We came out really flat against KU, but just flipped the switch at half time, and blew past them. Our offense has really started to click the last 3 games, but is still a little too mistake prone. Arnaud and Robinson are going to pick up yards on the ground, and eat clock, but they might turn the ball back over. Our receiving corps struggled to get open most of the year, but has done a much better job recently. Our TE Collin Franklin is an NFL talent, but we don't get him the ball enough.

Defensively, we epitomized "bend but don't break". We do a good job of forcing TOs and stopping teams in the red zone, but we've always surrendered a ton of yards to Cody Hawkins. Speaking of Hawkins the Younger, where is that kid's head going to be? Is he finishing the season? If he quits, who would take over under center?

Our special teams have been an asset this year, overall. Our kicker has a giant leg, but has some consistency issues. Our coverage has been good (save the Utah game), and our return teams have consistently generated yards both in the kickoff and punt returns. We've returned 1 kick off and 1 punt for TDs this year. Our punter is a freshman who has looked very good since the first game. The fake @ the end of the NU game is the first we've failed on.

In the end, I think this is a game that we need to win to ensure bowl eligibility and should win, especially due to the disarray with your staff, but you never know how that works. Your guys certainly have the talent to win, but I think our coaching will trump. Good luck in the Pac 12!

Back