What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. #25 West Virginia prediction thread

This one is a crap-shoot. We have the talent on defense...it's our offense that may or may not show up. Cody needs to protect the ball and keep our defense/their offense off the field. If we can keep it close going into the 4th quarter...they will get desperate and we can take advantage.

Colorado - 27
West Virginia - 24

GO BUFFS....if we can pull this off...this will become the biggest win in Hawkins tenure...bigger than Oklahoma...this is a recruiting game..seriously...GO BUFFS!

This one is a crap-shoot. We have the talent on defense...it's our offense that may or may not show up. Cody needs to protect the ball and keep our defense/their offense off the field. If we can keep it close going into the 4th quarter...they will get desperate and we can take advantage.

Colorado - 27
West Virginia - 24

GO BUFFS....if we can pull this off...this will become the biggest win in Hawkins tenure...bigger than Oklahoma...this is a recruiting game..seriously...GO BUFFS!

OU will still be bigger if we beat WV. If Hawk is truly the man, I see that OU game the turning point like the 20-10 win over NU for Mac in '86.

I pulled this response off of the free content from one of the pay sites. This is from a pretty funny WV Fan, in my opinon:

Space in our secondary...? Heck, Ralph "tub-o-lard" Friedgen could belly dance with Roseanne Barr and nobody in our secondary would see them. Your marching band could assemble back there and not bump into anybody. I suspect Jimmy Hoffa is back there.

Not saying theres space in our secondary, but Star Trek was filmed there. Their nick name is "The Final Frontier".

These guys are more out of position than Gary Busey at a keg party with an inner ear infection.

Ok...yes. They are young and still learning, and they may mess up assignments and not get in the right coverages at times...but they offset that by not being able to tackle.

35-24 CU

Total yards 400
Rushing 175
Passing 225

C'mon O-line!!

I just don't see how people think we're going to get blown out in this game. Villanova put up numbers against these guys.

Some people might believe that they will jinx the team if they predict a win or even a close game. I personally am not willing to make a prediction on this one. I am way to drunk on the kool-aid this week to make a rational pick.

I have a good feeling about this week, a very good feeling. :drink:

Which of course means the Buffs are doomed.

Some people might believe that they will jinx the team if they predict a win or even a close game. I personally am not willing to make a prediction on this one. I am way to drunk on the kool-aid this week to make a rational pick.

I have a good feeling about this week, a very good feeling. :drink:

Which of course means the Buffs are doomed.

:lol::lol:....i know exactly what you mean....i've been feeling way too good about this game for a long time, and now I'm starting to second guess myself because I feel so comfortable

CU: 79 (Hawk makes a gutsy call to go for 2 on the final XP)
WVU: 5

Positive: CU has seen teams like this before (Missouri, Kansas)
Negative: CU has seen teams like this before (Missouri, Kansas)

Best guess is that CU learned a little from last years games against similar teams and will be better prepared against WVA.

CU 42
WVA 38 in 2 OT.

I had bad vibes before the EWU game. Just couldn't shake the feeling that the young Buffs weren't gonna play well.

Don't feel the same way for WVU.

Buffs 32
'Neers 23

Go Buffs!

Best guess is that CU learned a little from last years games against similar teams and will be better prepared against WVA.

CU 42
WVA 38 in 2 OT.

FYI 42 to 38 is impossible in OT since you don't kick the PAT in this situation. I guess it's the smart ass in me to notice. I say 41 - 38 Buffs:thumbsup:

CU 42
WVA 38 in 2 OT.

In what was is Kansas anything like WVU. Totally different, imo.

I just don't see how people think we're going to get blown out in this game. Villanova put up numbers against these guys.

Did you see CU's last game?

I could just as easily say, "Eastern Washington put up numbers against these guys." Or "Colorado State put up numbers against these guys."

My prediction is the same today that it was 6 months ago. Running QB's (Freeman - KSU, Daniels - Mizzou, for example) have really hurt the Buffs the past couple years. White is probably better than either Freeman or Daniels when it comes to running the ball - and he has a better RB with him.

I don't think the offense has the juice to top WVU.

Sorry you don't like my prediction. I don't particularly like it either.

FYI 42 to 38 is impossible in OT since you don't kick the PAT in this situation. I guess it's the smart ass in me to notice. I say 41 - 38 Buffs:thumbsup:

Hmmmmm, yes. That's true. I'll stick to the 2 OT pick, though. I think this is going to be a great game.

Back