What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Washington Roll Call

What's the story behind the Mayor name?
Thx

I think I came up with it. It was during recruiting season early in the fall (or maybe late summer). Partly because of his game, since he's a leader on the court who directs the action. But it's mostly because he seems to know and be friends with every single player from LA or anyone he's played in AAU tournaments, and works them to try to get them to join CU.

I don't think we're gonna sneak up on anyone this year. It will be interesting to see how this team reacts to being the "hunted" instead of the "hunter".

I don't think we're gonna sneak up on anyone this year. It will be interesting to see how this team reacts to being the "hunted" instead of the "hunter".

We were picked to finish 10th. We're going to have to beat people to get respect.

Crowd was energized tonight. Team played so ****ing hard that you couldn't help but get behind them.

That Washington squad is damn good, too. Well coached and tons of skilled athletes. As much as we were ahead in the 2nd half, the Huskies always gave me the feeling that if we let up at all they were capable of quickly going on a 10-0 run and making this a close one. By the time the Pac-12 tourney comes around, they might be the team to beat.

This. Huge props to the crowd and I spent that entire game terrified of UDub. It wasn't until there were about 2 minutes left that I started to relax. That team is scary.

I ****ing love sticking it to Washington. I appreciate the Dawg regulars here, but so much of that fanbase is beyond whiny

I used to be a big Washington fan. Partially because of the area (family is from there), and partially because all of the Dawg fans we have on AB are awesome. Then I heard some horror stories from Buffs who went to the football game this year and got nervous. And last night I was behind a Dawg fan. Good lord. Jackass showed up five minutes in to the game, couldn't figure out where his seat was, kept disrupting everything and kept yelling about how CU sucks and they're going down and typical lame smack. He then left with five minutes left in the first half to get a drink. Didn't come back until 10 minutes into the second half when he got his coat, told us we were all losers and bolted.

Quick notes from the game:

* I know my mancrush is getting scary, but watch The Mayor every time he gets the ball after a defensive rebound. The first thing he does EVERY TIME is look up court to see if we have a fastbreak going. It's beautiful to watch.

* On a related note, watchin The Mayor, Ski & Brown every time they get the ball. The first thing they do is square away to the basket so if the shot is there they can take it. There's a reason these three are our most formidable weapons on offense.

* I think it was TZI who said on twitter last night that Boyle has a little too much faith in Simba and it could cost us. Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping that once we get Cain up to speed, we can start to limit Simba's numbers a bit.

* HUGE props to the student section and the crowd in general. That was a blast last night (although I think my section will try to kill me before the season is over due to my cheering). Can anyone honestly tell me a legit reason on why we can't have the most intimidating home court in the PAC-12? The team is starting to get going, the students are great and we have the altitude (although it is diminished indoors). The PAC-12 isn't known for it's rabid fanbases, so why not us?

From The Daily Camera:

CU, which was 3-0 in the Big 12 last year, is 2-0 in conference play for just the third time since the 1996-97 season. The last time the Buffs were 2-0 in conference play in two consecutive seasons was the 1961-62 and 1962-63 seasons. ...

* HUGE props to the student section and the crowd in general. That was a blast last night (although I think my section will try to kill me before the season is over due to my cheering). Can anyone honestly tell me a legit reason on why we can't have the most intimidating home court in the PAC-12? The team is starting to get going, the students are great and we have the altitude (although it is diminished indoors). The PAC-12 isn't known for it's rabid fanbases, so why not us?

That only is true when we play Nebraska

that game was so fun last night. The crowd was just amazing. Most fun I have had since the Texas game last year. It was really nice to see Brown lead the team last night and I'm really starting to like Dufaults post play, he definitely picked up a few moves down there in the offseason. It is cool to see him bring it down the floor because he has some really nice handle for a big guy. Just a couple of thoughts.

Ski - the kid is just so fast, he is still a little out of control at times, but the kid has ice water in his veins. Some of the shots were a little ill-advised, but to see him dot the eye with a couple of 3's was awesome. I just love the way he can change the pace of the game. It is funny when he gets a board down low, starts weaving and next thing you know he is the first one down the floor.

Nate - I thought Nate did really well. Took the big shot when he had to and make some nice buckets and had a few great passes. I know he got beat by Wroten a few times, but Wroten is an absolute stud and has beaten and will beat much better players in the future. One thing I did notice about Nate (and this can be good or bad) he is always looking for where the ball is going next so if he gets a pass it is out of his hands fast. I wish he was ready to shoot more often, but I can't complain too much.

Brown - where have you been. I know a lot of you think that the offense runs through Nate, but I think it might be Brown. I might and check the numbers, but I would bet that when he struggles, the entire team struggles. We need to have more than one scoring threat on our team (Spencer) and when he is on, the defenders just can't try and lock down the Mayor.

Mayor - he is already so good and thought he played the best defense on Wroten. I think Nate really hustled hard on defense, but Spencer was able to do it much more effortlessly. I can't wait to see what he can do in the future especially once we give him more scoring options especially some really good post play.

Overall it was such a great team effort and everyone did a great job. Chen had some great hustles and moves in the paint, Dre with his back to back blocks and his boards he has the ability to energize the team with his play and he just needs to tap into it more often. I love the size of Cain because guys just can't move him down low.

And finally Tad holy cow so happy you are here. I know I was pissed that we only looked up and down I-25 for our next coach, but you have impressed me so far. You are going to get a nice pay raise in the near future. The adjustments you have made this season have been outstanding and if the team can continue to play like they did last night, we will be one of the best teams in the PAC:12 year in and year out.

The Washington fans around me were slightly annoying. There was a guy some distance behind me who kept barking right before each of our free throw attempts...more annoying than anything else, but nice try pal. The UW couple sitting right behind me did not take too kindly to me in the second half, primarily when I screamed at the ref to just "let em play" when we got called for our second foul (UW was on their 8th I believe), and when I shouted something at Shawn Kemp Jr about exactly how many Shawn Kemp Jr's there are in the world. They were obviously frustrated assuming they were going to come into the Foam Dome and just walk all over us. Surprise, bitches!

The Washington fans around me were slightly annoying. There was a guy some distance behind me who kept barking right before each of our free throw attempts...more annoying than anything else, but nice try pal. The UW couple sitting right behind me did not take too kindly to me in the second half, primarily when I screamed at the ref to just "let em play" when we got called for our second foul (UW was on their 8th I believe), and when I shouted something at Shawn Kemp Jr about exactly how many Shawn Kemp Jr's there are in the world. They were obviously frustrated assuming they were going to come into the Foam Dome and just walk all over us. Surprise, bitches!

You're in section 20 or 21 then, aren't you? I heard that barking guy and at first he annoyed me, but when he was still doing it at the end of the game as we were up 20, I had to give him some reluctant props. It takes a lot of balls, or a lot of stupidity, to still be barking down 20.

Shawn Kemp Jr THE 7th

still laughing about that gem last night.

You're in section 20 or 21 then, aren't you? I heard that barking guy and at first he annoyed me, but when he was still doing it at the end of the game as we were up 20, I had to give him some reluctant props. It takes a lot of balls, or a lot of stupidity, to still be barking down 20.
Yeah, section 20. It was irritating when he started, but dude stuck to his guns down the stretch where a lesser fan would have done the smart thing and killed it. By the end of the game, I almost felt like standing up and giving him a slow clap for his tenacity.

You in section 20?

18. By the band.

Nice recap from Pacific Takes:

Colorado has only played two home contests insofar, but they've been impressive in both of them. Tad Boyle has his boys balling, and it's clear transitioning from the Big 12 (clearly a superior basketball conference) to the Pac-12 has its perks. Perhaps it isn't too early to count out Colorado as being one of those teams in the mix--although we'll probably have to see them travel before making such judgments.

Yet you hung with hawk for 5 years? Boyle has done 10 times what hawk did in a much shorter time.

but u were sold on Hawk.

everyone is clearly entitled to their opinion, but i gotta ask this.... were you sold on bzdelik or patton?!? TB literally took the worst team in the country(UNC w/ 3 wins) just a handful of years ago and turned it into a 20+ win team.... without any top 100 players in any position.... and yes he inherited Bzdeliks underachieving team sprinked in roberson, got rid of the princeton offense and made them a NCAA contender..... i'm not sure how you could do better...bring in bobby knight or try and bring coach k here?!?!?
You guys CLEARLY did not get that I was joking, :lol: Are you kidding? If I were Bohn, and this is serious, I'd be planning to offer an extension and a significant raise to the guy. TB, I believe, is a gem.

Thanks for the write ups, all. Sad I had to miss it, but awesome result. Big time win.

Yeah, section 20. It was irritating when he started, but dude stuck to his guns down the stretch where a lesser fan would have done the smart thing and killed it. By the end of the game, I almost felt like standing up and giving him a slow clap for his tenacity.

what is weird is I am a few rows in front of you and didn't hear him bark at all.

Until at least Saturday we are the #1 team in the PAC. Everyone beside us has at least one loss.

we had a barker behind us early in the 2d half as well. He shut up pretty quick tho.

You back for Wazzou?

St the jacksonville airport drinking, of course, as we speak.

489e65cd-2832-b7b7.jpg

Back