What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Women Picked 11th in Pac-12

Be interesting to see how our women's team does. Between Stanford and USC there are some pretty good schools in the conference.

Yeah, after last year when we were a distant 12th in the Big 12 coaches' poll, I'm starting to like being underestimated.

Whats sad. There is an 18 point differential between Oregon State at 12th and CU at 11th. They must be terrible. We are only two points on the scale behind Washington.

The bottom of the pack appears wide open for competition.

So, let me get this straight ........... USC gets credit for making it to the WNIT Finals, and CU gets "Buffaloes look to bounce back from a tough season" when we were in the WNIT as well ............. I get the no respect as a newcomer who most Pac-ers don't know a lot about, but c'mon, the interwebz were built for research ........ try 'em sometime.

So, let me get this straight ........... USC gets credit for making it to the WNIT Finals, and CU gets "Buffaloes look to bounce back from a tough season" when we were in the WNIT as well ............. I get the no respect as a newcomer who most Pac-ers don't know a lot about, but c'mon, the interwebz were built for research ........ try 'em sometime.

CU did quite well last year from where we were picked to finish in the Big 12. I predict we will finish higher than 11th!!! I have no doubts. I believe in Coach Lappe and what she is doing with the program.

i don't claim to follow the women's game much (maybe a short-sided move on my part), but 11th seems low for a team that showed some sparks last year. the Big XII was a very good conference with BU, OU, ATM?, etc....don't know much about the Pac except Stanford.

I gotta believe this is a reflection of the loss of the best scorer in school history (Spears) and of the best perimeter defender from last season (Blythe) and the voters having no idea of what the replacements will bring. No way would I characterize last seaon as "a tough season" for the Buffs. They beat 2 ranked teams in the Big 12; they beat Cal at Coors in the WNIT, they beat Wyoming in the WNIT playing on the road in front of a packed house of screaming Cowgirls fans, etc.

My favorite part of the press release is Utah getting credit for winning the Mountain West regular season title last year when, in reality, they went 7-9 -- tying them with CSU in fourth place. What Utah actually won was Mountain West tournament, earning them a #15 seed and a first-round loss in the NCAA tournament.

In addition to Utah magically gaining a conference title in that release, I was sort of surprised to see them at #6 in the poll. This year will obviously be different from last year since we lost Spears and Utah is returning most of their scorers, but CU performed much better against common opponents last year. Utah lost both of their games against Wyoming and only beat CSU by two points in Salt Lake. Meanwhile, CU won 70-58 in Laramie and beat CSU 73-49 in Boulder.

It seems to me like the teams at 5 though 11 in the poll could be pretty fluid. The California teams are tough though, even though CU shot the lights out and beat Cal in the WNIT last year.

My favorite part of the press release is Utah getting credit for winning the Mountain West regular season title last year when, in reality, they went 7-9 -- tying them with CSU in fourth place. What Utah actually won was Mountain West tournament, earning them a #15 seed and a first-round loss in the NCAA tournament.

In addition to Utah magically gaining a conference title in that release, I was sort of surprised to see them at #6 in the poll. This year will obviously be different from last year since we lost Spears and Utah is returning most of their scorers, but CU performed much better against common opponents last year. Utah lost both of their games against Wyoming and only beat CSU by two points in Salt Lake. Meanwhile, CU won 70-58 in Laramie and beat CSU 73-49 in Boulder.

It seems to me like the teams at 5 though 11 in the poll could be pretty fluid. The California teams are tough though, even though CU shot the lights out and beat Cal in the WNIT last year.

Hilarious catch. I guess PAC-12 reporting is about as good as Daily Camera.

The point spread definitely indicates that the bottom half of the conference is up in the air. I look forward to see hearing about our girls winning.

Not an expert on CU WBB by any means, and I know there were certainly some growing pains, but that "tough season" (according to the article) also ended with the NIT quarterfinals which will be a valuable springboard. No way the Buffs finish 11th -- somewhere in the 6th-8th range imo.

Back