1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CUBuffs.com: Austin Tabbed All-Region, Edelman Named Honorable Mention (Volleyball)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Dec 8, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Alexis Austin has been named to the AVCA All-Pacific South Region team, while Nicole Edelman earned all-region honorable mention honors.
    Continue reading...

"
    LEXINGTON, Ky. — University of Colorado senior Alexis Austin has been named to the AVCA All-Pacific South Region team, while senior Nicole Edelman earned all-region honorable mention honors, the AVCA announced Tuesday.

“These two women have had fantastic careers at Colorado, so it is appropriate in their senior seasons that they have been recognized with these all-region honors,” interim head coach J.T. Wenger said. “They have been an outstanding part of this program and are very deserving of this recognition.”
    "

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  2. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Congrats to Ms.'s Austin and Edelmen once again for more well-deserved honors!

Note- I believe the way it works in volleyball, it's necessary to be named All-Region to even be considered for All-American status. Hopefully Ms. Austin, who I'd say was statistically the #2 outside hitter in the Pac 12 (Behind only leading candidate for National Player of the Year Samantha Bricio of USC), will possibly get a look at being selected to one of the 3 All-American teams. At minimum, I believe her inclusion in the All-Region team guarantees her "Honorable Mention" All-American status.
    (I'm not sure what honorable mention in the All-Region team as Ms. Edelman means as far as All-American consideration.)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  3. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Congratulations to Alexis and Nicole!