What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Men, Women Finish 2nd At NCAA Championships (Cross Country)

RSSBot

News Junkie
Murphy Nabs 3rd For Men; Clark 11th For Women
Continue reading...

"
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The University of Colorado took home a pair of second-place trophies Saturday, with the men and women both earning runner-up finishes at the 2015 NCAA Cross Country Championships.

“I’m proud of the women,” head coach Mark Wetmore said. “I’m proud of the men. I wish we had 10 less points on the men’s side but I know they ran their hearts out. I’m happy.”

The Buffs had the best combined finish of any program in the nation, edging out Oregon for that honor. The Ducks finished third in the women’s race and fourth in the men’s competition.

Senior Pierce Murphy was the top individual finisher for Colorado, crossing the line in third place. JuniorErin Clark was the top woman for the Buffs, finishing 11th.

CU’s men came in as the favorite and lost by just nine points to No. 2 ranked Syracuse (82-91).

“A tinge of disappointment is a good way to describe it,” Wetmore said. “Second place by nine points in this deep of a field with all of the All-American recruits, I feel proud of them.”
The women’s team entered the meet ranked second overall and earned their ranking after their race with 129 points. Top-ranked New Mexico won with 49 points, while fifth-ranked Oregon placed third with 215 points. The runner-up finish is the highest placing for the Buffs since 2006, when they also placed second.

“They were seventh a year ago, but way, way back,” Wetmore said. “New Mexico was a head taller than everyone else but our team did fine. They did everything we asked of them and they’re all back but one so we’ll be ready to do it again next year.”
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats again to both the men and women for the 2nd place finishes, and special thanks to the Buff seniors on both teams for ALL the great work all year!
(Thankfully, there's still tracks to see them run around!)

Some other (non- cubuffs.com) media-
Interviews with-
Coach Wetmore (1:47 long)- http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/25...ore-after-men-and-women-take-2nd#.VlD69XarTIU
3rd place finisher Pierce Murphy (2:31) - http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/25...weet-after-finishing-3rd-overall#.VlD8EnarTIU
11th place finisher Erin Clark (2:00) - http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/25...-Colorados-Erin-Clark-wants-more#.VlD8y3arTIU

Great season by both teams! Nothing to be ashamed of to finish 2nd in both the men's and women's national cross country race.

Back