What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Set To Face No. 16 Oregon & Oregon State (Volleyball- Ducks Thurs., OSU Sat.)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER — With six matches left in the Pac-12 season, Colorado will hit the road for a pair of contests in the Pacific Northwest. The Buffs will face No. 16 Oregon on Thursday, Nov. 10, in Eugene, Ore., and on Saturday, Nov. 12, CU will take on Oregon State in Corvallis, Ore. Both contests are scheduled for 8 p.m. MT starts.

Thursday's match against Oregon will be streamed live on Pac-12 Plus through Twitter (@OregonVB). The match on Saturday against OSU will also be streamed on Pac-12 Plus. Links to lives stats and the live streams are available on the volleyball schedule at CUBuffs.com.

Continue reading...

At Oregon Thursday:
Live Video
- http://pac-12.com/live/pac-12-plus . (Like an earlier CU soccer match, sounds like it will also be available on Twitter.)
Live Stats - http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statbroadcast.php?t=1&gid=ore

At Oregon State Saturday:
Live Video
- http://pac-12.com/live/oregon-state-university-2
Live Stats - http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=orst

Last edited by a moderator:
Buffaloes are obviously bigger and tougher than ducks and beavers, so get the wins up north CU!

Below looks to be the tweet that will be showing the match live for those who wish to view it that way. (I know I watched an early CU soccer match via twitter, and it looked great to me.)

Bump
(Match a few minutes until starting. Looks like Senior night for the Ducks- sure they'll be emotional out there tonight.)

Oregon gets a generally very close set 1 25-21. (I think that may have been the only 4 point deficit all set.)

Buffs come back and, even though giving up a lot of BIG lead, still win the 2nd set comfortably 25-20. (Believe the Buffs scored something like 9-12 points straight during a C. Simpson serving run to break open the set early.)

Looks like the coaches are starting to experiment more with lineups compared to most of the year. Late in the 1st set, they substituted Cuff for G. Simpson during a front row rotation or two (although G. Simpson did come back and I believe play the whole 2nd set). For the 2nd set, Spann got the start for Shadley, and I believe played the whole set. Shadley did come in to give Smith a break late in the set, with Smith being the offensive star so far. (Don't know if I'm a fan of substituting stars/ hot hitters in volleyball to give them rest (assuming of course they're healthy), especially given the EXTREME momentum nature of volleyball. The Buffs were up by over 10 points for much of the 2nd set, but the Ducks were able to come back some, with I believe a lot of that comeback done while Smith was resting. (The coaches did put Smith back in when I believe the Ducks got within 4 at ~23-19. Ms. Smith already has 12 kills hitting .500 through 2 sets.))

Last edited:
Like in the 1st set, Buffs just lose ground late in an otherwise VERY close 3rd set and go down 20-25 and are now behind 1 sets to 2. Get the 4th Buffs!

Not looking good as Buffs give up a 6 point duck run early in the 4th and are down 3-9. TO Buffs.

Buffs fall apart in the middle part of the 4th. Nice play by Oregon, but the Buffs must have hit 6-7 balls out, and lose the 4th 16-25 and match 1 set to 3.

Oh well, Oregon is a good team. Buffs just need to play better in Corvallis Saturday, as OSU played the Buffs VERY tough in Boulder.

Got to win the last 5 for any hope at the tourney. Season is so disappointing. Pac-12 performance has been brutal.

Got to win the last 5 for any hope at the tourney. Season is so disappointing. Pac-12 performance has been brutal.

Definitely not an expert, but looking at some things in the Volleytalk forum, and based on who they'd have to beat to get the record (they've got 2 matches remaining against top 20 teams, and WSU isn't far off the top 25), I'd GUESS a 4-1 record might give them at least a 50% chance of making the tournament. Even 3-2 MIGHT be enough, but I wouldn't want to bet on that. (Although, if one of those wins is against Washington or Utah, that might help a lot as a "signature" win against a Top 20 team late in the year.)

I had watched Utah handle Oregon on Wednesday so was afraid the Buffs would pay for it, especially on Senior Night and they did.

I am thinking they have to win out and that will be tough.

Looks like no Gabby Simpson in tonight's match at OSU. I'm afraid that without her they (and their fading NCAA hopes) are toast.

Looks like no Gabby Simpson in tonight's match at OSU. I'm afraid that without her they (and their fading NCAA hopes) are toast.

Ouch. Been watching the football, so missed Ms. Simpson's absence.

Just checking live stats, and looks like a GREAT show of fight by the Buffs in the 2nd set. After losing the 1st pretty badly (15-25), they come back in the 2nd from a 13-19 deficit and get the 2nd 25-23. So, 1 set to 1 going into the intermission.

Last edited:
Looks like it's going 5. Buffs lose the 3rd 17-25 and then come back in the 4th 25-18.

Ouch- even shorthanded, assume this loss will hurt some. From live stats, looks like the Buffs were up 12-9 in the 5th, then give up the next 5 points before losing 13-15.

They'll Just need to shake it off and take it to the Washingtons next weekend in the last home games of the year.

Yes they showed a lot more fight than I thought they would. At least until 12-9 in the fifth set! It helps that coaches replaced Stephanie Shadley, who was almost totally ineffective tonight for some reason, with Justine Spann who did quite a bit better. Unfortunately they still have trouble holding on to a lead and they couldn't close out the match with a win when they were up 12-9 in the fifth set.

Hope Gabby can come back for this weekend or they are toast as long as they don't have her. She is by far the most talented player on the team.

Back