What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Set To Host Oregon State and No. 23 Oregon (Volleyball- Friday and Sat. evenings)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER — The Colorado volleyball team heads home to the Coors Events Center this weekend to wrap-up the first half of the Pac-12 Conference schedule. CU will host Oregon State on Friday, October 21, at 6 p.m. and on Saturday, October 22, the Buffs will take on No. 23 Oregon at 7 p.m.

Friday's match against OSU will be televised live on Pac-12 Mountain and Pac-12 Oregon, while Saturday's tilt against UO will be streamed online on Pac-12 Plus (a link is located on the CU volleyball schedule).

Continue reading...

Video and Stat links:
For OSU-
Live Video -
Match is available on Pac 12 Mountain and Oregon Networks chennels, and those whose cable/ satellite subscription includes the Pac 12 network should also be able to view either match via http://pac-12.com/womens-volleyball/event/2016/10/21/oregon-state-colorado-0 .
Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/cu/wvball/

For the Ducks-
Live Video -
Match is available on free live stream at http://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs .
Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/cu/wvball/

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes to the vball team this weekend. Beat the Oregons!

For those interested, volleyball released a short video showing life on the road (specifically this past weekend in rainy Washington)-

I am enjoying the videos. This one is cute.

Hope Buffs can take down both Oregon schools this weekend.

I am hoping this means Joslyn Hayes is ready to play this weekend! Team needs her.

Buffs get the 1st set 25-21. (Got nervous, as a 5 point lead got down to 1 (I believe 20-19) at one point.)

Needed this one. Beat Oregon and I think we're still in decent shape for NCAAs. It's close.

Must win tonight! Go Buffs!

Watched Nebraska beat Wisconsin after the Buffs match. We don't start to compare to either one of those teams. I'm not sure any of the Pac 12 teams do, but I haven't seen two highly ranked Pac 12 teams play each other. Big 1G had 3 of top 4 schools. Will watch Nebraska play Minnesota on Sunday.

Just got home.

Looks like it's tied after 2, with the ducks easily taking set 1 14-25, then the Buffs rebounded in set 2 25-21. For the Buffs, looks like Alexa Smith is off to a great start, as she already has 8 kills with no errors, and is hitting .444.

Buffs mount a valiant comeback from I believe 8-17 down, but (just) lose the 3rd set 22-25 (after getting within 1 at 22-23). Ducks up 2 sets to 1.

Buffs lose the match 3-1 after a TIGHT set 4 until the end, as the Ducks win the last 4 points to win that set 21-25. (The Buffs were up 3-4 points early in the set, but didn't seem to get many if any points on serve after that, which put too much pressure on serve receive.)

Oh well, Time now for the team to just shake it off and get ready to invade So. Cal. and take it to the U's.

Couldn't get it done against the Ducks. All except first set were competitive, just didn't make plays when it counted. On to next weekend.

What is happening to this team? Sure seemed like they were going to do better in the Pac. Didn't expect them to win them all but I did expect more after how well they did early.

Agree with above. With a split every weekend, that isn't going to get them in the tourney. Don't understand why they can't focus for the entire match.

Sitting in the stands watching the Oregon match had me ready to scream over 2 things .... service errors and blocked kill attempts.

Cierra Simpson used to be one of the most consistently successful servers but lately she has been hitting so many service errors. She seems to be trying for the really short serve that lands in front of the 3 meter line but so many of them are landing in the net instead. I understand the idea of tougher serves but the team can't afford to be just handing the opponent that many points each match.

And the Buffs hitters periodically seem to forget how to play against a good block ... they need to aim for the outside arm and tool the block so the ball caroms out of bounds to the side of the court. Or they need to aim for high hands so the ball hits finger tips and caroms out of bounds long . But in spurts they seem to just keep trying to hit through a fully formed solid block. And it doesn't work. Once in, I believe, set 4 last night they had 5 hits blocked in a row. Same pattern each play. Seemed like the movie Groundhog Day come to life on the court.

And they still have episodes where the errors compound and their play seems to spiral down and down some more.

So frustrating to watch this team ... they have the talent and play at times like a good team but can't play that way long enough to beat a good team.

The inconsistency is what makes this team so frustrating. They do have talent, but they don't maintain consistency long enough to beat a good team.

Back