What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Shine At Stanford Twilight (Track and Field)

RSSBot

News Junkie
The Buffs shined in the distance events at the Stanford Twilight on Friday night.
Continue reading...

"
STANFORD, Calif. – University of Colorado freshman Dani Jones cruised to the fifth fastest 1,500-meter time in the NCAA this season, clocking in at 4 minutes, 14.29 seconds on Friday night at the Stanford Twilight.

The Buffs will wrap-up action at the CSM Nature’s Bakery Invite on Saturday.
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see so many Buffs (including many freshmen and sophomores) coming up with great PR performances, including in areas (sprints and field events) where the Buffs haven't recently provided many points in major meets.

Should be interesting to see how the Buffs fare in the upcoming Pac 12 championships in Seattle, where I'd hope and expect to see improvement from last year, where the men only finished 7th out of 10 teams, and the women 8th out of 12. (Multi-event (decathlon, heptathlon) Pac 12's are 2 weekends away, with all the other individual events being held in ~3 weeks.)

I haven't followed closely, but it seems like every week I'm seeing multiple tweets about CU having new school records and/or high finishes in events I'm not used to CU doing well in. T&F program really seems to be building.

I haven't followed closely, but it seems like every week I'm seeing multiple tweets about CU having new school records and/or high finishes in events I'm not used to CU doing well in. T&F program really seems to be building.

Yep- great to see.

When you look at some of the numbers, it also shows what challenges remain, and what great athletes there are in the Pac and across the nation. As just one example, Buff sophomore Ana Holland now holds the CU record in both the 100M (11.63) and 200M (23.54). Looking at last year's Pac 12 championships, those times, again the best ALL-TIME at CU, would have only been good for 6th place in the conference finals.

And, at NCAA's, it is of course even more challenging. Just to qualify to the finals at NCAA's last year in the women's sprints last season, the slowest times were 11.17 and 22.76. (And, its the same stories in many of the events (multi-event, sprints and field events) the Buffs aren't traditional powers in. Heck, even in distance running, the Buffs in a good year get maybe a couple athletes earning points at the NCAA level.)

Back