1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CUBuffs.com: No. 18 Buffs Battle Back To Sweep UC Irvine (Volleyball)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Sep 10, 2016.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

[​IMG]

SAN DIEGO — Less than 24 hours after suffering a tough loss to No. 15 San Diego, the 18th ranked Buffs bounced back to earn a convincing 3-0 (25-15, 25-22, 25-11) win over UC Irvine on Saturday at the San Diego Invitational.

The win, which puts CU at 5-2 on the season, is head coach Jesse Mahoney's 200thcareer win as a collegiate head coach. Of those 200 wins, 93 have been at a Division I school.

Continue reading...

Other match-related items-

Box Score- http://www.cubuffs.com/boxscore.aspx?id=9268&path=wvball

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
  2. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Congrats again to the vball team!
    (Note- after beating the Buffs last night, USD took down #7 ranked UCLA tonight in 4 sets. Be interesting to see if the Buffs stay in the Top 25 and, if they do, how much they get "penalized" for losing to an obviously very good team last night.)

Also, a link to re-watch the UC- Irvine match (I wanted to add this esp. for those (like myself) who were watching the football game. Note- other than ads, I'm not getting any audio, at least in the small part I've watched.)-

3. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

USD is a very good team, especially at home.

4. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Well, my above question was answered. Even after the loss to USD, the Buffs aren't hurt at all, as they remain ranked #18 (per https://www.avca.org/polls/di-women/9-12-2016.html ). USD has moved up to be ranked #10 in the country (from #15 last week).

buffgal likes this.
  5. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

Woot! Go Toreros! :D

Seriously, this might be USD's best team ever, could be better than 2013 and 2006 sweet 16 teams (that both lost to the stupid Fuskers in the NCAA tournament).

6. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

The Pac has 5 teams in the top 25 and 1 team receiving votes.

B1G teams CU beat are now: Penn State dropped to 20 and Illinois dropped out of the top 25.

We beat Long Beach State, still receiving votes.