What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: No. 4 Stanford Edges Buffs, 2-1 (Soccer)

RSSBot

News Junkie
The University of Colorado put together a fierce battle here Friday evening, but the No. 4 Stanford Cardinal edged the Buffaloes 2-1 at Caga...
Continue reading...

"
STANFORD, Calif. – The University of Colorado women’s soccer team battled hard here Friday evening, but No. 4 Stanford edged the Buffaloes 2-1 at Cagan Stadium.

The Buffs tallied the first goal of the match to take an early 1-0 lead in the sixth minute and then Stanford answered with two consecutive strikes over the next 13 minutes to build its 2-1 advantage, which resulted in the final score as neither team would tally another goal in the contest.

“I think the players really bought into the tactics we had going into the game,” said Colorado head coachDanny Sanchez. “I was pleased with their performance, effort and commitment. I think they performed well and on the road against a top five team, I think we gave ourselves a chance to win, but unfortunately it didn’t go our way tonight.”
"

Boxscore- http://www.cubuffs.com/pdf9/3975945.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice effort by the soccer Buffs. Now they get to rest up and get ready for the So. Cal teams next weekend. (It's getting a little LATE in the season, so looks like the Buffs are going to need a great finish over their last 4-5 matches (which they did last year) to make the tournament.)

Last edited:
Back