What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Spikers Head To Desert To Face Arizona And Arizona State (Volleyball)

RSSBot

News Junkie
The Buffs will face Arizona and Arizona State this weekend in the desert.
Continue reading...

"
BOULDER — The University of Colorado volleyball team is heading to the desert for a pair of matches against the Arizona schools this weekend. CU will face No. 14 Arizona on Friday, Oct. 23, at 9 p.m. MT in Tucson, Ariz., and on Saturday, Oct. 24, the Buffs take on No. 13 Arizona State at 7 p.m. in Tempe, Ariz.

The match on Friday against the Wildcats will be broadcast on Pac-12 Network. Chris Marlowe will be the play-by-play announcer, while Elizabeth Moreau will be the color analyst.
Kalei Mau ranks ninth in the NCAA, third in the Pac-12, with 4.71 kills per set to lead the Wildcats. UA is also getting production from Tyler Spriggs (2.53) and Nikki Attea (2.41). Halli Amaro has the best hitting percentage on the team at .342. She has recorded 125 kills and 35 errors on 263 attacks. Penina Snuka leads the Pac-12 with 10.97 assists per set and is directing the Wildcats to a .238 clip.

UA leads the conference with 16.64 digs per set. Snuka is averaging 3.22 digs per set, while Mackenzie Kleespies is second on the team with 2.86 digs per set. Three others are averaging over 2.00 digs per set: Laura Larson (2.76), Mau (2.54) and McKenna Painton (2.52). At the net, Amaro is posting 1.03 blocks per set. McKenzie Jacobson is recording 0.91 blocks per set.

Arizona has a 6-3 lead in the all-time series against the Buffs.
"
Live video for Arizona match- on Pac 12 networks (Mountain and Arizona channels), and also available online at http://pac-12.com/live?network=P12MTN for those whose cable/ satellite subscription includes Pac 12 Network online access .

Link to Link to Live Stats- Arizona match- http://www.arizonawildcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30700&ATCLID=210276803

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to the vball team- hope they can bring home 2 big road wins from the desert just like they did last year!

(Note- As I also mentioned in a soccer thread, I'm heading off on vacation tomorrow, so don't know if/ when I'll be able to provide any updates for either soccer or volleyball this weekend.)

Good luck to the vball team- hope they can bring home 2 big road wins from the desert just like they did last year!

(Note- As I also mentioned in a soccer thread, I'm heading off on vacation tomorrow, so don't know if/ when I'll be able to provide any updates for either soccer or volleyball this weekend.)

I'm not sure how much I can, but I'll try to provide updates and maybe some play by play.

BIG CONGRATS to the Buffs for another BIG win! Looks like, after losing a tight set 2 24-26, they dominated the #14 ranked wildcats in sets 3 and 4 by 25-15 25-14 scores.

Although hitting was very solid at .279, it looks from the stats like the CU defense DOMINATED, as the Buffs out blocked AZ 16-5, and held Kalei May, who was leading the PAC in kills per set, to only 9 kills and an incredible MINUS .048 hitting % and AZ overall to a LOW .061 rate that will ALWAYS = victory.

Awesome 1st match result in the desert; hope they now keep it up against #13 ASU tonight!

Last edited:
The feed kept buffering in set 2 and then I totally lost it. Wish I could have seen the last two sets.

Congrats to the Volley Buffs! Now beat ASU!

Back