What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cue the SEC fans

Should SEC get special consideration?

• Yes. 12-1 SEC Champ belongs

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No. Undefeated big boy conference team trumps SEC

Votes: 90 94.7%

• Total voters
Backpedaling. You do it well.
You don't know what in the hell you are talking about A&M has won a Big 12 Championship. They won't win an SEC Championship. Bama was beat up from the LSU game which they were dominated in, but LSU gave it away in the last possession.

WTF are you talking about? Everything I said above is true. So WTF is your point? P!$$ OFF!

you don't know what in the hell you are talking about a&m has won a big 12 championship. They won't win an sec championship. Bama was beat up from the lsu game which they were dominated in, but lsu gave it away in the last possession.

gmafb

You don't know what in the hell you are talking about A&M has won a Big 12 Championship. They won't win an SEC Championship. Bama was beat up from the LSU game which they were dominated in, but LSU gave it away in the last possession.

WTF are you talking about? Everything I said above is true. So WTF is your point? P!$$ OFF!

You're really dumb.

i see one fact and three opinions
idk.gif

Pretty sure that Aggie was a long running joke in the B12.

You have got to be kidding? You put ND, KState, Oregon, and whoever against a top tier SEC team and they would go down. Who in the hell has ND beat this year? Bama, Georgia, LSU pay ranked teams every week in the SEC. Of all the teams I'd like to see play a 1 loss SEC team would be KState.

I watch as much SEC football as you do, maybe more. It is not as strong as it has been in the past. The bottom half of the conference is truly awful. Not below average, but awful.

For example, Alabama has played three ranked teams all season in the mighty SEC, and one of those teams is an above average Mississippi State team. The other games Bama has played/will play in conference? Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Missouri, and Auburn. A true murderer's row.

By going to 14 the SEC has diluted it's brand. Aggy is good this year, but Missouri is dreadful. If the SEC went to 9 conference games with 14 instead of 8 and actually scheduled good teams OOC I'd give them more credit. The MNC is just that. Mythical.

I watch as much SEC football as you do, maybe more. It is not as strong as it has been in the past. The bottom half of the conference is truly awful. Not below average, but awful.

For example, Alabama has played three ranked teams all season in the mighty SEC, and one of those teams is an above average Mississippi State team. The other games Bama has played/will play in conference? Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Missouri, and Auburn. A true murderer's row.
LSU tonight played against it's 5th straight ranked Top 25 team in Mississippi State. Starting with at Florida on Oct. 6th, South Carolina, at Texas A&M, Alabama, and tonight Mississippi State who they beat. So you give me a tougher 5 game schedule. Put up or shut up. Oh, and one of the bottom feeders Mizzou, was a perennial top half Big 12 team.

Last edited:
LSU tonight played against it's 5th straight ranked Top 25 team in Mississippi State. Starting with at Florida on Oct. 6th, South Carolina, at Texas A&M, Alabama, and tonight Mississippi State who they beat. So you give me a tougher 5 game schedule. Put up or shut up.

The same Florida that nearly got beat by UL Lafayette? Yeah, sound's like a true top 10 team this late into the season.

The SEC has overinflated rankings. Top 15 teams do not get blown out, even to to the #1 ranked team.

LSU tonight played against it's 5th straight ranked Top 25 team in Mississippi State. Starting with at Florida on Oct. 6th, South Carolina, at Texas A&M, Alabama, and tonight Mississippi State who they beat. So you give me a tougher 5 game schedule. Put up or shut up.

That is a very tough stretch. No argument from me. It likely was a reason LSU will not be playing for the SEC title or the national title.

Now explain to me how this statement you made earlier in the thread has any truth to it:

Bama, Georgia, LSU play ranked teams every week in the SEC.

I already pointed out that Bama's schedule is not all that strong. I will go ahead and add that Georgia has played TWO ranked teams this season. Bama and Georgia have feasted on really bad teams in the SEC. I do not expect you to address these points, so I eagerly await your next deflection.

LSU probably played a slightly tougher 5-game stretch than Washington just came off of. But up until this final 3-game stretch, Washington had played the nation's toughest schedule.

This is also food for thought. Louisana Tech put 57 up on TAMU. No team in the SEC has put anything close to that. The most any SEC has been able to put on them is 27. Not even half.

Sad.

LSU probably played a slightly tougher 5-game stretch than Washington just came off of. But up until this final 3-game stretch, Washington had played the nation's toughest schedule.
Good lord dude -WASHINGTON- what? WASHINGTON - do you mean the PAC 10 team that LSU beat 41-3 in September?

Good lord dude -WASHINGTON- what? WASHINGTON - do you mean the PAC 10 team that LSU beat 41-3 in September?

I'm quite certain your reading comprehension is severely lacking as this thread progresses. Nowhere did Buffnik talk about Washington's relative worth as a team overall. He merely mentioned their strength of schedule. Do you actually read posts before replying?

Don't you guys that hate the SEC worry- if 2 undefeated teams finish the season. Even if one of them is ND, who played nobody this year, and would be absolutely crushed by Bama, Georgia, or LSU. The SEC is going to be locked out of this year's championship game. You heard it from me.

Don't you guys that hate the SEC worry- if 2 undefeated teams finish the season. Even if one of them is ND, who played nobody this year, and would be absolutely crushed by Bama, Georgia, or LSU. The SEC is going to be locked out of this year's championship game. You heard it from me.

Notre Dame has played ranked teams EVERY WEEK (they have played four and possibly five, slightly above average in the SEC).

I'm quite certain your reading comprehension is severely lacking as this thread progresses. Nowhere did Buffnik talk about Washington's relative worth as a team overall. He merely mentioned their strength of schedule. Do you actually read posts before replying?
I looked at their schedule, and it's not an easy one.

KSU ducked Oregon in the out of conference slate so I wouldn't mind if they got screwed.

Well, Bama did just go down at home to a Big 12 team that hadn't won that conference since 1998 and went 7-6 last season. Just sayin'.

Now if you think about it that way!!!

This Big 12 team in the SEC actually provides empirical evidence!

FWIW I have seen nothing that a one-loss Bama team would deserve to jump over an undefeated ND, KSU, or OU on my board. Now everyone does think we deserve to be the first one-loss team in if two of them lose. Our board is discussing the ethics of cheering for a CLK team and why our new OC sucks.

FWIW I have seen nothing that a one-loss Bama team would deserve to jump over an undefeated ND, KSU, or OU on my board. Now everyone does think we deserve to be the first one-loss team in if two of them lose. Our board is discussing the ethics of cheering for a CLK team and why our new OC sucks.

What is CLK?

The recent debate about the SEC dominance the past 10 years has just been given 2 pieces of evidence that can be used. Missouri and Texas A & M are the best examples of evaluating the dominance of the SEC.

When evaluating both, I come to the conclusion that The SEC dominance is slighly overstated. of course the SEC pundits will use Mizzou as their best example but Mizzou clearly lost a lot from the recent years. Mizzou also was a Big 12 doormat for a long time and recently found some success with Pinkel.

While I expected A & M to be in the bottom half of the SEC and Mizzou to be in the middle, the actual results show that the SEC is slightly overrated.

This is not to say that the best team is NOT from the SEC. All this tells me is that there are some other really good football teams out there that a lot of you in the SEC like to downplay.

Back