What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cue the SEC fans

Should SEC get special consideration?

• Yes. 12-1 SEC Champ belongs

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No. Undefeated big boy conference team trumps SEC

Votes: 90 94.7%

• Total voters
Wow, I almost skipped this thread. I'm glad I didn't. Great work as always people. This thread is more contentious than any political thread and that makes me happy.

Mississippi State started 7-0 by beating Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, Jackson St, Troy, South Alabama, and Middle Tennessee and then got blown out by the 3 good teams they played. Good for them for winning but they seem like a fraud.

What I think is funny about "SEC dominance" is that you see it mostly from the weaker schools that aren't competing for the MNC. Miss St can go around claiming the SEC is the best, but when they play a good SEC they get punked. Just because a team in your conference is great (that year) doesn't mean your team is good.

View attachment 10894
FSU has only played 1 ranked team, and guess what - the highest ranked team they will play is an SEC team, Florida.
Here we go with inflated ratings again. Florida, that same juggernaut that recently played a huge OOC opponent at home (named freaking LA LA) and needed a last minute comeback to win? By the way, check out Florida's OOC schedule. It's intense! Loaded with similar high profile games.

Florida is a damn good defensive team. They are loaded with talent. But their offense is horrific.

Here we go with inflated ratings again. Florida, that same juggernaut that recently played a huge OOC opponent at home (named freaking LA LA) and needed a last minute comeback to win? By the way, check out Florida's OOC schedule. It's intense! Loaded with similar high profile games.

Florida is a damn good defensive team. They are loaded with talent. But their offense is horrific.
compare these 2 schedules and tell me which one is more impressiveFSU.jpgLSUschedule.jpg

77Buff, you are using subjective rankings to prove your argument and everyone is saying that they are subjective so throw them out.

What does everyone think about rpi for football?

77Buff, you are using subjective rankings to prove your argument and everyone is saying that they are subjective so throw them out.

What else do you expect? This is the argument that SEC zealots always make. Guess what? There were also 4 SEC teams in the AP top 10 preseason, before a down of football had been played. Since the SEC hardly plays anyone of consequence prior to conference scheduling, most of that pre-season momentum makes it to conference play, where any team beating any other team is "a sign of how deep the SEC is."

Each SEC team has 4 non-conference games at their disposal, and on average this year, each of those teams scheduled just less than one game against a BCS opponent. The best three "marquis" out of conference victories for the SEC This year are:

Alabama over Michigan
LSU over Washington
Mizzou over ASU

Although they do have a couple of chances for better victories at the end of the season:

South Carolina vs. Clemson
Florida vs. FSU

That said, if the SEC refuses to play anyone out of conference, then what reference point do we have that the SEC is superior to any other conference other than the ESPN hype machine (which, by the way, owns SEC rights...)

We might not get a chance to find out, but I'm not sure Bama could beat Oregon this year.

Bama would kill ND and probably beat KState, but Bama would be hard pressed to score enough to keep up with Oregon. Their offense is weak, and Oregon's defense is better than ever.

The SEC also schedules patsies in the MIDDLE of the season. That's even more absurd. Who does Bama play this week before they play Auburn? Who does SCar play before Clemson?

That's right.

Over-rated. *clap clap clap clap clap*

That makes no sense - I didn't make these rankings. The AP, BCS, and USA Today made the rankings - purely objective.top 10.jpg

Last edited:
That makes no sense - I didn't make these rankings. The AP, BCS, and USA Today made the rankings - purely objective.View attachment 10898

I don't think the SEC is as good as it has been, but most conferences aren't as good as they have been.

When I look at it, I still the SEC as the strongest conference with their absolute worst being better than most other conferences.

Compare these teams and tell me who wins in these sh1t shows...

Colorado, Wazzu, Kentucky, Auburn, Illinois, Kansas, Baylor, Boston College, Virginia Tech.

I'm pretty sure Kentucky and Auburn would at least be "in the game" against the others and likely be a favorite against them all.

BTW, the argument that TAMU of old is the same as TAMU of today is absurd. Sumlin (who, in hindsight, I think we should've hired instead of Embo) has really changed things up schematically even from what he's used to with the Air Raid offense. They've adopted the Ducks' O and run with it. Good for them.

I don't think the SEC is as good as it has been, but most conferences aren't as good as they have been.

When I look at it, I still the SEC as the strongest conference with their absolute worst being better than most other conferences.

Colorado, Wazzu, Kentucky, Auburn, Illinois, Kansas, Baylor, Boston College, Virginia Tech.

I'm pretty sure Kentucky and Auburn would at least be "in the game" against the others and likely be a favorite against them all.

BTW, the argument that TAMU of old is the same as TAMU of today is absurd. Sumlin (who, in hindsight, I think we should've hired instead of Embo) has really changed things up schematically even from what he's used to with the Air Raid offense. They've adopted the Ducks' O and run with it. Good for them.
That's just.... not true.

I think Aggy is at best .500 if they were still in the Big XII.

If you people think that TAMU running the Duck system with a VG offensive line and Johnny Football running the show would be anything less than second (maybe third) in the current Big 12, you are delusional. I think they aren't as good as KState, but that's about it. I've watched every second of every one of their games. Manziel has improved leaps and bounds in every game.

If you want the two best teams, Bama and ND/Oregon. If you want the teams with the best records, it will be ND and Oregon.

Hmmm. Some team ranked #1 in the BCS right now might disagree. I think KSU would punk ND.

If the current top 3 teams finish the season undefeated KSU absolutely deserves to be one of them. The Big 12 is the 1st or 2nd-ranked conference depending on whose rankings you look at:

http://realtimerpi.com/football/ncaaf_conf_Men.html
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/47982/status-quo-for-acc-in-latest-power-rankings
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc12.htm

And if Oregon remains #1 in both human polls then there's no way they get left out either. They're only 4 in the computers right now but will climb in their last 3 games against Stanford, Oregon State and USC/UCLA.

If you people think that TAMU running the Duck system with a VG offensive line and Johnny Football running the show would be anything less than second (maybe third) in the current Big 12, you are delusional. I think they aren't as good as KState, but that's about it. I've watched every second of every one of their games. Manziel has improved leaps and bounds in every game.

You people?

Anyway, relax. I was just funnin'...

what else do you expect? This is the argument that sec zealots always make. Guess what? There were also 4 sec teams in the ap top 10 preseason, before a down of football had been played. Since the sec hardly plays anyone of consequence prior to conference scheduling, most of that pre-season momentum makes it to conference play, where any team beating any other team is "a sign of how deep the sec is."

each sec team has 4 non-conference games at their disposal, and on average this year, each of those teams scheduled just less than one game against a bcs opponent. The best three "marquis" out of conference victories for the sec this year are:

Alabama over michigan
lsu over washington
mizzou over asu

although they do have a couple of chances for better victories at the end of the season:

South carolina vs. Clemson
florida vs. Fsu

that said, if the sec refuses to play anyone out of conference, then what reference point do we have that the sec is superior to any other conference other than the espn hype machine (which, by the way, owns sec rights...)
:lol:
That's an absolute total crock of $#!T. Last year LSU played Oregon - beat the $#!T out of them 40-27, and the score wasn't that close. I remember Unleash Hell predicting Oregon would win along with WSP and many others on this site. They also beat West Virginia in Morgantown,who was ranked, 47-21, and the score again wasn't that close. In 2010 they played North Carolina, who was supposed to be big $#!T, and West Virginia, and beat both of them. Next year they play TCU in the kick off classic. So blow it out your @$$.

Last edited:
That's an absolute total crock of $#!T. Last year LSU played Oregon - beat the $#!T out of them 40-27, and the score wasn't that close. I remember Unleash Hell predicting Oregon would win along with WSP and many others on this site. They also beat West Virginia in Morgantown,who was ranked, 47-21, and the score again wasn't that close. In 2010 they played North Carolina, who was supposed to be big $#!T, and West Virginia, and beat both of them. Next year they play TCU in the kick off classic. So blow it out your @$$.

Oh my, this thread is getting the better of you.

Holy ****balls man, seriously? We aren't talking about LSU and Bama here. FFS, your reading comprehension sucks. The SEC is a great conference, but you can't talk about the awesomeness of the top 6 teams and ignore that the bottom 6 teams that are pure ****.

KjOe4.png

I don't think that word means what you think it means....
Oh Jesus Christ, objective means without personal bias. The rankings weren't done by ME, they have nothing at all to do with me. If the BCS and the AP think 5 or 6 SEC teams are included in the Top 10 - that's their call - not mine. Give it a rest!

Last edited:
Back