What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cullen Bryant

buffalo30

I just received a message from Dave Plati informing us that Cullen Bryant passed away. He was 58 years old. He was a defensive back at Colorado and a running back in the NFL. I recall Cullen as somewhat quiet off the field, but he was a fierce competitor on the field. He earned All-American honors in 1972.

Cullen was a good guy. I remember Billie Drake used to call him Cullie. Billie's locker was right next to Cullen's and mine was just across from them in the fall of 1971. Billie was quite a character and liked to stir things up a bit. Cullen didn't like the "Cullie" deal all that much and would look at Billie with a funny expression on his face as if he realized maybe Billie had too many concussions.:smile:

Those were the days. Rest In Peace, Cullen.

rip and god bless.

i remember watching him play when i was a little kid.

RIP. I remember seeing him on campus - a huge guy. Played pro in LA as I recall. 58 is a litle young imo.

Rest in peace Cullen. Buffalo30, Sorry for the loss of your team mate and friend .

rip and god bless.

i remember watching him play when i was a little kid.

Me too. Hard to believe he was a db in college (but back then, CU ran a 4-4-3 defense). He was one of the players they had on when they did the fund-drive to install astroturf. Dude was huge!

R.I.P. Cullen Bryant. I have fond memories of those teams.

Sad to hear! Loved watching him in the pro ranks. 30, sorry to hear you lost a friend and teammate. RIP Cullen.

One of my relatives "Jack Epple" played guard on the 71 & 72 Buffs team. He used to tell us Cullen was a feared corner in the Big 8 who also had the biggest d**k you have ever seen.

RIP

He was a great Buff, and wasn't he the strongest guy on the team? Seems I remember reading he benched over 400lbs.

Back