1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Culture change in progress - Ted Miller blog on Addison Gillam

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Some good work by Miller on this one.

Included some well-researched info on the progression of the defense from 2012 to 2013 despite the Pac-12 offenses being better in 2013.

Also some telling comments from Gillam on the "want-to" of some players and the internal personality conflicts among players last year (and even some this year).

Rome wasn't built in a day, but it looks like we're finally seeing the foundation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/70292/gillam-buffs-eye-improvement

2. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Very interesting article.....can definitely think in my head who the "not going full out" guys are

3. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Good article. Thanks Nik.

I love it when players are candid...at least as candid as they can be. I hope Gillam becomes a strong leader and infuses the team with his passion.

I agree with you...it seems the culture is changing and those guys who don't want to won't last long...either leave or warm the bench. I think some of them already left.

4. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Ted knows how to write a good column when he wants to. But more often than not, he seems to rely on others to do some of the reporting for him. Addison is the real deal, and I hope the teammates he's referring to get their heads screwed on straight. Can't have a cancer developing in the locker room.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Are those shoulder surgeries something to be concerned about? Did he have any surgeries this offseason?

6. vinniew_11

vinniew_11 Well-Known Member

He had those surgeries his senior year in HS. Then gray shirted a year. He's now two years removed.

7. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

A copy of this interview/article, together with the stat of the average length of an NFL player's career (4.5 yrs.), should be sent to every 4* recruit CU has offered, as well as their parents, particularly in-state kids who have been barraged with years of negative or anti-Buff reports (like the Debbie Downers here are so quick to offer).