What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUnit AMA (Technically, ask US anything)

Are you entirely comprised of students, or do you have some recent graduates still involved? I thought I saw a girl I know who graduated last year in the C Unit group yesterday is the reason I ask.

I was thinking a special entrance would be cool. A deal where all the students rush into their seats at the same time, just before tipoff. Have four or five lines of students lined up outside, and then all enter the arena on cue, yelling and screaming the whole time. Has anybody ever considered this? If so, what are the logistical obstacles?
For as cool as that would be the issue wouldn't be the cold. Unfortunately, based off of the women's game, students probably wouldn't be too patient.

Are you entirely comprised of students, or do you have some recent graduates still involved? I thought I saw a girl I know who graduated last year in the C Unit group yesterday is the reason I ask.

We remain in very close contact with the students that started the CUnit in 2004 and every student that has run the CUnit between then and today. keep in mind the CUnit was run by 1-4 people for most of those years including last year. So yes, the leadership is all students and it will always be handed down to students.

We also have a lot of recent graduates that still enjoy sitting in the Student Section at games as the section is all General admission and nobody checks tickets or BuffOnes at the top.

FYI - that chant sucks because "can't" sounds the same as "can" with 3,000 people yelling it.

If it moves forward, it needs to change to "You will lose at altitude". Kind of rhymes, also.

Could go something like this:

You will lose!
You will lose!
You will lose at altitude!

Or like this:

You
Will Lose
You will lose at altitude!

repeat.

For as cool as that would be the issue wouldn't be the cold. Unfortunately, based off of the women's game, students probably wouldn't be too patient.

We like this idea. It would be cool if we did it ONCE a year and called it the “CUnit Stampede.” Probably wouldn't be this season but lets put it on the “Things to think about for 2014-15” list

I think they might be if they knew it was part of the show. And my thought is that this would be a one time a year deal, like against UA on national TV. The students can get excited about doing this once a year.

Under Rick George, will the AD be continuing to offer trips to the Pac-12 tourney for top MBB student supporters this year?

I think they might be if they knew it was part of the show. And my thought is that this would be a one time a year deal, like against UA on national TV. The students can get excited about doing this once a year.
That's fair. I am all for it. I think that would be really really sweet.

I was thinking a special entrance would be cool. A deal where all the students rush into their seats at the same time, just before tipoff. Have four or five lines of students lined up outside, and then all enter the arena on cue, yelling and screaming the whole time. Has anybody ever considered this? If so, what are the logistical obstacles?

Alcohol and stairs

Department is cutting costs everywhere. This may be seen as an extra cost they can cut. Or maybe Ceal is mad we don't send students to the women's tournament.

I know CU allowed fans to sponsor a student in Tad's second year. Maybe they could do that again?

Department is cutting costs everywhere. This may be seen as an extra cost they can cut. Or maybe Ceal is mad we don't send students to the women's tournament.

I know CU allowed fans to sponsor a student in Tad's second year. Maybe they could do that again?

It has nothing to do with Ceal and everything to do with $$$. The AD is considering to provide free tickets to these games/tournaments. Students would be in charge of travel/lodging. If any of you have 40k in cash out there - I can give you 10 reasons why you should pay for me to go the Vegas again with our best and brightest fans.

It has nothing to do with Ceal and everything to do with $$$. The AD is considering to provide free tickets to these games/tournaments. Students would be in charge of travel/lodging. If any of you have 40k in cash out there - I can give you 10 reasons why you should pay for me to go the Vegas again with our best and brightest fans.
name the reasons.

Why does there seem to be such derision between the general student body and the cunit? Is this just overblown on meesage boards or is it a real problem? If there is tension, what are your feelings about it?

name the reasons.

1) We represent the Buffaloes in Vegas about as proudly as lady liberty herself in New York Harbor represents the United States of America. (And, after yesterday you should know how much we love the ol’ U-S-A)
2) The fight song sounds better than any other pac-12 school’s fight song in the MGM lobby.
3) CU students = Vegas Stamina
4) Have you seen Cirque De Oisle? Neither have I. I’d like to go back
5) Female CUnit members look really really nice on the Vegas Strip
6) Since you’re giving us 40k, I assume you’re also going. You can hang out with the CUnit. I’ll buy you a drink.
7) Offset University of Arizona attendance. Although it just appears to be a retirement home retreat. (Sean Miller is fat)
8) See the Oregon Cheer team, I mean, seriously. They are doing good work there.
9) Who else is going to cheer for Ben Mills when he’s getting his well earned minutes?
10) BECAUSE WE ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO. WE ARE THE BEST. WE ARE CHAMPIONS. F*** EVERYBODY ELESE.

Ok, so Free Chich jackets, an expense paid Vegas vacation... there goes my athletic facilities donation.

How about this, I live in Vegas and any CU fan is welcome to crash at my place for the price of bottle of decent scotch.

Why does there seem to be such derision between the general student body and the cunit? Is this just overblown on meesage boards or is it a real problem? If there is tension, what are your feelings about it?

From our perspective, there is no such division. It only exists to those some amateur reporters. Care to explain the division that you see?

Ok, so Free Chich jackets, an expense paid Vegas vacation... there goes my athletic facilities donation.

How about this, I live in Vegas and any CU fan is welcome to crash at my place for the price of bottle of decent scotch.

Will 50 bottles of Macallan 12 get us 50 students in?

From our perspective, there is no such division. It only exists to those some amateur reporters. Care to explain the division that you see?
are you suggesting JRK and RK (formerly known as UBL) aren't representative of the student body? Weird.

The cost of taking 50 students to the Tournament pales in comparison to the goodwill garnered. You're getting fans for life, and demonstrating that the athletic department is a part of the University itself. It's money well spent. For a department with a $65MM budget, spending $50k is a proverbial drop in the bucket.

The cost of taking 50 students to the Tournament pales in comparison to the goodwill garnered. You're getting fans for life, and demonstrating that the athletic department is a part of the University itself. It's money well spent. For a department with a $65MM budget, spending $50k is a proverbial drop in the bucket.

Yes, our feelings too. We are discussing options with the AD.

Back