1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current Depth Chart and next year

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Highlander, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

I looked this up to try to find out the story with Jon Major. It listed him as the starter for Stamford, so whatever happened to him, happened after this was published last week.

On to the good news: We only lose 4 total starters going to next season (Kasa on offense, Perichek, Rippy, and Major on defense). Under most scenarios, that should mean we are significantly better in 2013.

The bad news: losing confidence in the physical development of players year over year, and we are bringing back most of the squad that is setting records for blow out losses.
    http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/gameday/2012/depth_chart.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600

2. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I think the problem most of us have is that we could have all 5 * athletes on our roster and I am not sure we would be playing much better. It seems our coaches have no skill with the Xs and Os, making game time adjustments, and even getting our team ready to play period.

Unfortunately it looks like we are in for an extended crap period until we actually hire a competent staff. Time to pick up golf again. Good thing about golf is it takes about 4+ hours to finish a round so you can just schedule your tee time to coincide with kickoff time to make sure you don't have to go through the agony.

3. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

yea - you wonder about those kids psyche after being shellacked week in and week out??? I know how I feel as a fan, could not imagine how it feels to be on the personal end of an @ss whipping

4. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

hopefully the few studs we have will not transfer/get hurt

5. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

I feel sorry for Rippy. Probably would have been better off red-shirting this year (unless he red-shirted as a frosh). On paper we should be quite a bit better next year, particularly if Dillon or Liufau play well. Then again, I thought we'd be improved this year.

6. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

All 3 defensive seniors are 5th years, so this was their last shot (barring a freak medical redshirt, which is pretty tough to come by). I agree that Rippy would have benefitted from taking this year off, but that wasn't an option.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The OL situation is a looming disaster just a couple years down the road.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

this.

Although it would take some convincing to get me to believe that the OL isn't a disaster right now.

9. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Add Ray Polk and Parker Orms too if his concussion or other bad luck injury problems continue and force his retirement from the game. That leaves Terrel Smith as the most experienced safety. Very scared about this group next year.

10. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm very concerned that our best option at QB next year being a rs freshman with zero college game experience. Why is our team always full of incompetent qbs? Can't we get someone serviceable?

11. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

I actually think Mustoe and Nembot are going to turn into decent lineman. This years recruting class will likely have some starters by the time their JR's. I really think our OL will be better than it is currently.