What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cursed CU Items

GoBuffs08

Club Member
Club Member
From another thread, what is the proper disposal method for cursed CU gear?

I have two flags from a few years back. Everytime I would put one specific flag up CU ends up with a loss.

This flag has lost to CSU, Montana State, and many others. I don't use it anymore.

I also have around a half dozen hats, t-shirts and other items that can't be worn.

From another thread, what is the proper disposal method for cursed CU gear?

I have two flags from a few years back. Everytime I would put one specific flag up CU ends up with a loss.

This flag has lost to CSU, Montana State, and many others. I don't use it anymore.

I also have around a half dozen hats, t-shirts and other items that can't be worn.

First of all...

You son-of-a-bitch! Why did you fly the flag so many times? It loses once, it's gone. There's no excuse for taking follow-on chances!

I'm sorry, I was too hard on you...we've all been there. We like the article of clothing, or we're not sure it's actually contributing to the losses...etc...

I loved the **** nebraska T-shirt I wore to the 92 debacle in lincoln. I apologize to Buff fans everywhere--as that shirt certainly contributed to our dismal record against the huskers for the remainder of the nineties. I held on to it for too long. I eventually shredded it with scissors and then burned the remnants.

Any method of violent destruction is appropriate. I burned my cursed Fiesta Bowl hat in a the patio-warmer in our back yard. Deconstructing the "evil" within the cursed object involves active participation in the process. It should additionally generate a good story.

A shotgun blast? Cool, tell the story on Allbuffs. Lawnmower? Why not. The important thing, again, is the active participation in the destruction.

perhaps an item can be redeemed? i got a basic CU nike shirt back during the Neu days and it experienced a rash of events best left unsaid....after the fresno loss a few years back i put it away for good until busting it out again this past saturday. either way....i will use her until we lose in it again.

i have a number 7 jashon sykes jersey that i can't wear because CU seems to lose every time i put it on. it hangs in my closet. i don't know what to do with it, either.

Maybe the issue was the Jashon Syke genre. I got my #7 in 2000 and I swear it is cursed. Fresno State, Fiesta Bowl and Montana State. Haven't worn or touched it since.

There are entirely too many day laborers out there wearing UT or North Carolina or Chicago Bulls stuff.

Next time you spot a work crew in the neighborhood, I say a donation is in order.

Back