1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cursed CU Items

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by GoBuffs08, Sep 4, 2008.

1. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

From another thread, what is the proper disposal method for cursed CU gear?

I have two flags from a few years back. Everytime I would put one specific flag up CU ends up with a loss.

This flag has lost to CSU, Montana State, and many others. I don't use it anymore.

I also have around a half dozen hats, t-shirts and other items that can't be worn.

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

First of all...

You son-of-a-bitch! Why did you fly the flag so many times? It loses once, it's gone. There's no excuse for taking follow-on chances!

I'm sorry, I was too hard on you...we've all been there. We like the article of clothing, or we're not sure it's actually contributing to the losses...etc...

I loved the **** nebraska T-shirt I wore to the 92 debacle in lincoln. I apologize to Buff fans everywhere--as that shirt certainly contributed to our dismal record against the huskers for the remainder of the nineties. I held on to it for too long. I eventually shredded it with scissors and then burned the remnants.

Any method of violent destruction is appropriate. I burned my cursed Fiesta Bowl hat in a the patio-warmer in our back yard. Deconstructing the "evil" within the cursed object involves active participation in the process. It should additionally generate a good story.

A shotgun blast? Cool, tell the story on Allbuffs. Lawnmower? Why not. The important thing, again, is the active participation in the destruction.

3. BrownEyedBuffGirl

BrownEyedBuffGirl Well-Known Member

Is the item itself cursed? Or is the curse based upon YOU + ITEM? Perhaps we need a fan gear exchange?

4. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

It's always the gear. If the person attended CU than there could be nothing wrong with them at all.

5. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

perhaps an item can be redeemed? i got a basic CU nike shirt back during the Neu days and it experienced a rash of events best left unsaid....after the fresno loss a few years back i put it away for good until busting it out again this past saturday. either way....i will use her until we lose in it again.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i have a number 7 jashon sykes jersey that i can't wear because CU seems to lose every time i put it on. it hangs in my closet. i don't know what to do with it, either.

7. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Maybe the issue was the Jashon Syke genre. I got my #7 in 2000 and I swear it is cursed. Fresno State, Fiesta Bowl and Montana State. Haven't worn or touched it since.

8. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

There are entirely too many day laborers out there wearing UT or North Carolina or Chicago Bulls stuff.

Next time you spot a work crew in the neighborhood, I say a donation is in order.

9. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

I should have sold my firstborn after the Baylor loss:cry:

10. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire