1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU's Arielle Roberson out for year after surgery

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RSSBot, Dec 8, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Brian Howell, Buffzone.com

Arielle Roberson's freshman season with the Colorado women's basketball team is over before it began. Roberson, who has not played this season for the Buffs (7-0), underwent successful surgery on Wednesday to repair torn cartilage in her left hip and she will not play this season.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I was very much wondering why we hadnt seen her in a game yet, this explains that. Karma to her on the recovery.

3. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I thought she was having back issues. It was a problem with her hip? Hope to see her rocking it full steam next season.

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

It sounds like it took a while to pinpoint the problem (thus "back pain" was the initial statement ... a description of the symptom, not the cause) and then they tried treatment for a number of weeks as she really wanted to be able to play this season. When the treatments weren't working as hoped, the only real choice was the surgery and thus the redshirt.

Gotta love her desire and attitude. Best wishes for a successful recovery and coming back 100% so she can be a big part of next seasons team.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Best to get it taken care of. I know she has to be very disappointed. She was so excited to play this year. But it's better to have 4 healthy seasons than try to struggle through a lingering injury.

2012 Buffs are setting up to be a major threat to win the Pac-12.

All my best and tons of good karma to Arielle.

6. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Sounds a lot like Levi's situation. Im glad she and coach Lappe made the right decision.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Don't get me started on Levi. Dude was so sore from the hip problems that he couldn't even practice his shooting in '09 and Bzdelik refused to redshirt him. He had one hip surgery after his frosh year and then the other one operated on after his soph year. He was in pain in 2009 and couldn't move. He needed that year. Instead, we wasted eligibility. Biggest mistake of the Bzdelik era. I'm still pissed.

8. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Me too. Thinking about the difference he could've made on this years team drives me crazy. Which is why I'm glad we won't be saying that about Arielle.

9. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

It sounds like Lappe and Arielle made the right decision. Solve the problem and solve it now the correct way. I hope she recovers completely and can give the Buffs four good years. Go Buffs!

10. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I can say this now because the right thing is being done and Arielle is redshirting, but I really love hearing that she was fighting the redshirt option and really wanted to go out and contribute this year. Just shows how competitive that she is and how badly she wants to help her teammates.