What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's Big 10 opponents close to being announced?

So you are criticizing CU for a 1 and done....

but havent we scheduled home-home with:

Hawaii
ASU
LSU (rescheduled)
Fresno St.
California
Minnesota

so we are killing CU for some scheduling issues that arose with the cancellation of the UNC series? That is what started this chain of events of grabbing a game here and a game there.... with Toledo, Ohio State, etc....
What's that got to do with your argument that we're not an attractive team and therefore can't schedule home and home games?

The Ohio State game was a money grab in a year when our revenues were severely impacted by the move from the Big 12. I didn't agree with it at the time, feeling instead that we should have scheduled another home game, but I understood the rationale. We won't be in that situation going forward.

What's that got to do with your argument that we're not an attractive team and therefore can't schedule home and home games?

We can't schedule home and home with a lot of the upper tier teams. They just don't do it unless a network facilitates it. My argument is that it is not so easy to do what you are asking. There is a limited pool of teams that will do it.

We can't schedule home and home with a lot of the upper tier teams. They just don't do it unless a network facilitates it. My argument is that it is not so easy to do what you are asking. There is a limited pool of teams that will do it.
WSU got a home and home with Wisconsin. Arizona got a home and home with Oklahoma State. Minnesota got a home and home with USC. Syracuse got a home and home with USC. Duke got a home and home with Stanford. Kansas got a home and home with Georgia Tech. Indiana got a home and home with Missouri. There's a big enough pool where we don't need to settle for a one and done on the road.

I don't like the idea of a one-off, but I would complain less if it were in Chicago against Illinois. There are lots of Illinois alums in Chicago, but it isn't exactly the most passionate football fanbase and the team usually sucks. Additionally, we have a good alumni base in Chicago. Colorado v. Illinois at Soldier Field on Labor Day weekend 2015? I think I'm making that trip.

Edit: To clarify, I would prefer not to do a one-off at all. But, if Bohn is going to schedule it, I would be less pissed-off under these circumstances.

Last edited:
WSU got a home and home with Wisconsin. Arizona got a home and home with Oklahoma State. Minnesota got a home and home with USC. Syracuse got a home and home with USC. Duke got a home and home with Stanford. Kansas got a home and home with Georgia Tech. Indiana got a home and home with Missouri. There's a big enough pool where we don't need to settle for a one and done on the road.

Didn't Wake recently play a home and home with Nebraska, and Duke a home and home with Alabama...

Home and homes or no dice. **** whoever isnt willing to do that. Im sure we could find a school that is. Id say it's about time CU starts watching over it's own backside instead of always getting the short end of the stick. We already have a game every year that has no benefit for CU at all and thats our bitch in Ft. Collins. The schedule last year was a joke and one year was enough of that. Matter of fact, I dont recall ever seeing any school with a schedule quite like that one.

home and homes or no dice. **** whoever isnt willing to do that. Im sure we could find a school that is. Id say it's about time cu starts watching over it's own backside instead of always getting the short end of the stick. We already have a game every year that has no benefit for cu at all and thats our bitch in ft. Collins. The schedule last year was a joke and one year was enough of that. Matter of fact, i dont recall ever seeing any school with a schedule quite like that one.

lsu?

That there's not enough teams for us to schedule a home and home with because we've been down?

No. I am saying we cant get a home and home with the likes of the top tier programs yet. We can get teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa etc..... not Michigan, PSU, Florida etc...... However, Pac 12-Big 10 is forcing the one for one.

No. I am saying we cant get a home and home with the likes of the top tier programs yet. We can get teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa etc..... not Michigan, PSU, Florida etc...... However, Pac 12-Big 10 is forcing the one for one.

There's no reason we should be scheduling top teams OOC so it's a moot point and there's even less of a reason to settle for a one and done on the road.

Givin Bitches Wet Willies

More teams than LSU would do it. The fan in me wants that game, probably not a good time for it tho lol. Id love it 3 or 4 years down the road. Imho, there are some options out there that would be to CU's benefit.

I was saying LSU had a murderous schedule like ours.....

But id love to see us reschedule that home and home with them.

I see what ur saying. I dont know if we could ever, no matter our standing, get home and homes with some of those mentioned.

There's no reason we should be scheduling top teams OOC so it's a moot point and there's even less of a reason to settle for a one and done on the road.

This. We are in building mode right now. I dont think we should ever do a one and done on the road unless we have a ****ing excellent reason to.

So then what the point in chastising CU fans for being against 1-off games on the road? I am guessing most of the posters in this thread are all in favor of scheduling home and homes against the teams you mention.

We absolutely should be scheduling top teams...... when we can. No FCS teams whatsoever. And we really should't schedule any more than 1 non BCS division team.

Comparing LSU and CU right now is insane, not even comparable.

so what factor doesn't allow you to compare CU's non conference schedule to LSU's non conference schedule when somone said above that no one had a schedule like CU?

so what factor doesn't allow you to compare CU's non conference schedule to LSU's non conference schedule when somone said above that no one had a schedule like CU?

The fact that LSU has won two national titles since we last won a conference title, been to three title games IIRC, always have top 10 recruiting classes, are not rebuilding, have won a national title since we last went to a bowl game, should I keep going? LSU is in a position to schedule a tough OOC, we are not.

We absolutely should be scheduling top teams...... when we can. No FCS teams whatsoever. And we really should't schedule any more than 1 non BCS division team.

I don't even know what to say about this other than its ****ing stupid. What in the hell makes you think we should be scheduling top teams? Do you want to win or do you want to watch CU get their assholes pushed in and continue to be horrible?

The fact that LSU has won two national titles since we last won a conference title, been to three title games IIRC, always have top 10 recruiting classes, are not rebuilding, have won a national title since we last went to a bowl game, should I keep going? LSU is in a position to schedule a tough OOC, we are not.

perhaps you should read what the poster said again...... paraphrase: "No one had as murderous schedule as CU last year"

my reply: LSU's schedule was tougher. It was ranked #1 in the country as the toughest schedule.

I don't think there was any more to read into than that. Are you looking to parse and argue every written word?

I don't even know what to say about this other than its ****ing stupid. What in the hell makes you think we should be scheduling top teams? Do you want to win or do you want to watch CU get their assholes pushed in and continue to be horrible?

I grew up at CU with the 1990's scheduling philosophy. I loved it. Loved going to Miami, Florida State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Washington, USC, UCLA etc....

Lsu's schedule was muderous because of who was on it. What I was basically saying about CU's being unique to me, was how it was set up. No bye weeks, a one off, and not enough home games. I really dont see many schedule like that. Also, I wasnt talking about schedule ranking. Im with you on the 90's philosophy of anybody, anytime, anywhere but we have some work to do before we get back to that.

Last edited:
Back