What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's Guidelines for tailgating

allbuffs

Administrator
On the eve of our first home game and with numerous Cal fans and lurkers on the board a quick review of CU's policies for tailgating are in order:

Guidelines for Safe Tailgating

CU Athletics and the University of Colorado Police Department welcome you to the University of Colorado Boulder campus. To enhance the gameday experience, ensure a safe environment, and preserve the beauty of the campus, the following responsible tailgating guidelines are enforced:

• Tailgating -- the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.) -- is permitted in designated parking lots four hours prior to kick-off and up to one hour following the end of the game.
  • Police will patrol the tailgate area and enforce the law.
  • Fan behavior such as physical disruption, inappropriate language, hazing, harassing, or menacing may be grounds for criminal charges and/or removal from the CU premises.
  • The following items/activities are prohibited:
    • Consuming alcohol or carrying alcohol in open containers in any street, sidewalk, car, alley, or other public area
    • Selling or distributing alcohol without a license
    • Providing alcohol to anyone under 21 years old
    • Providing alcohol to anyone who is already intoxicated
    • Driving under the influence of alcohol
    • Canvassing or soliciting/distribution not previously authorized by the University of Colorado
    • Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
    • Open flame fires of any kind. (Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.)
    • Weapons and fireworks
    • Saving parking or tailgating spaces
    • Hiring of any third party vendors/consultants/entertainers to provide services in a tailgating area without prior written authorization from the University Risk Management and Police Department.
  • The university reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of any item or activity and to restrict vehicles due to safety reasons. At its discretion, the university may terminate or take other appropriate action against individuals, groups, or organizations whose conduct at tailgate parties is irresponsible, unreasonable, or inconsistent with university policies and regulations, ordinances and laws.

The "selling or distributing alcohol without a license" is code speak for "no kegs", IMO.

We've never run afoul of these regulations, and I've actually seen a few people with kegs, so I don't think this particular regulation is strictly enforced.

The "selling or distributing alcohol without a license" is code speak for "no kegs", IMO.

We've never run afoul of these regulations, and I've actually seen a few people with kegs, so I don't think this particular regulation is strictly enforced.

Good point sacky I don't see that regulation on there but i had always assumed keg's were banned.

The 'carrying alcohol in open containers in any street, sidewalk, car, alley, or other public area ' regulation is such bull****. In many cases, the sidewalk is literally a few feet away from tailgate areas. Why is it OK to have next to the sidewalk but not on the sidewalk? What is so ****ing special about the sidewalks in Boulder on gameday?

My friends in front of farrand always have kegs and there are never problems

Back