1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU’s McKnight expects big year from Givens

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Tatonka, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Tatonka

Tatonka Club Member Club Member

Now he just needs to get his emotions in check so he doesn't get anymore painfully unnecessary 15 yard penalties. Once he does that, I think he can be great!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2010/08/03/cus-mcknight-expects-big-year-from-givens/11598/

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Damn. I was coming down to reply to this story and that "share/save" button popped up. It's never done that before. Damn you guys for mentioning it!

Anyway, I was gonna say...oh, I forget now...

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm loving the leadership that Scotty has been showing this summer. Good stuff.

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Agree. He is the go to guy on the field. When it's 3rd and long, everyone knows Scotty will be targeted. He consistently breaks coverage, makes a catch, and moves the chains. His 37 consecutive games with a reception is amazing.

His off campus activities include an active social network that brings Mark Sanchez into Folsom and attract a USC senior to jump ship.

It's great to see Scotty emerge as the team leader on offense. With never-ending QB controversy, it jeapordizes the offensive chemistry. When Cody and Hansen flip-flop as starter, neither really has control of the offense.

Somebody from an other position needed to step up. It looks like Scotty is that man.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I am hoping that Givens put on at least 10 pounds of muscle this offseason, he was too damn skinny last year. Ever since lunch-gate happened a few years back our team has been malnourished.

6. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I love the insinuation here. Damn NCAA, starving our athletes. I won't stand for it.

7. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Anyone know if whatever it was that was causing Givens to miss games last year is fixed/treated/under control/resolved? (No one ever disclosed what it was, just that it was personal and justified missing games).

I think he missed two or three games over the course of the season but it was spread out and I felt like it messed with the continuity of the Oline. I'm also pretty sure he wasn't happy about sitting out either. I'd hate for him and the O line, to have to go through that again this season.

8. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

He is apparently treating it with exercise.