What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's Youth Movement

If we're waiting until 2011 to get good....... well, yikes.
Well, we are what we are. 3 years ago we lost a game 70-3 amid a program meltdown of epic proportions that we are just now starting to come out of. The state of the Big XII could NOT be worse for a rebuilding program. Even the lower tier programs are dangerous, with some programs (Mizzou) having the best QB they will have in our lifetimes.

Hawk was left with a frayed rope and a dull ice axe, and then the mountain he was supposed to climb decided it was going to be an Everest instead of a flatiron :(

Well, we are what we are. 3 years ago we lost a game 70-3 amid a program meltdown of epic proportions that we are just now starting to come out of. The state of the Big XII could NOT be worse for a rebuilding program. Even the lower tier programs are dangerous, with some programs (Mizzou) having the best QB they will have in our lifetimes.

Hawk was left with a frayed rope and a dull ice axe, and then the mountain he was supposed to climb decided it was going to be an Everest instead of a flatiron :(

:wow:

****ing a people! 2011 is three ****ing years away! Why does the rebuilding keep getting pushed back? First it was 2009, now it's in 20-****ing-eleven? Holy ****, I need some ****ing Advil.

Coach Crowder called DH the right man for the job. That's good enough for me. It's certainly enough to make me be willing to exhibit some patience for a couple more years.

Reactions: SBG
In 2011 when we have a butt load of juniors we play CSU, Cal, Hawaii, Georgia, Baylor, TT, OU, and the usual north teams. That could be a good year for us.

In 1984 CU, led by coach Bill MacCartney hits rock bottom, going 1-10. "We had to die to get better", says Mac.
In 2006 CU, led by Dan Hawkins, goes 2-10.

In 1985 CU goes 7-5 and loses a bowl game.
In 2007 CU goes 6-7, losing its bowl game.

In 1986 CU goes 6-6 which includes an 0-4 start to the season. (Oh ****....they REGRESSED....MY GOD.....THE HORROR.....FIRE MACCARTNEY!!!)
In 2008 CU starts 3-3 and ends up ????

In 1987 CU goes 7-4
In 2009 CU goes ????

In 1988 CU goes 8-4, again losing its bowl game. (That's it....****ING FIRE MACCARTNEY, HE CAN'T WIN A BOWL GAME!!!!!!!)
In 2010 CU ????

In 1989 CU goes 11-1 and plays in the Orange Bowl with a shot at a national tidal.
In 2011 CU ????

Yes, it does take that long to rebuild a program, especially when your predecessor leaves you an entire roster full of subpar recruiting classes. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat, or perhaps NOT repeat it, in this case....

If we're waiting until 2011 to get good....... well, yikes.

I will refer back to a post I made earlier in another thread re: Mangino. 2-10 first season, 6-7 with a bowl loss second season. Started 3-3 third season, finished 4-7. 12-1 in his sixth season. Hawk's sixth season will be (assuming he is here six seasons) 2011.

I sure as hell don't want to wait until 2011 to get good, but right now I suspect KU fans would tell you they're pretty ****ing happy they waited it out... :huh:

I will refer back to a post I made earlier in another thread re: Mangino. 2-10 first season, 6-7 with a bowl loss second season. Started 3-3 third season, finished 4-7. 12-1 in his sixth season. Hawk's sixth season will be (assuming he is here six seasons) 2011.

I sure as hell don't want to wait until 2011 to get good, but right now I suspect KU fans would tell you they're pretty ****ing happy they waited it out... :huh:

Who cares about these numbers? What were his weights each year? What did he eat?!!

it all depends on how well they recruit. if they have another big recruiting class, i think CU will be good next year and dangerous in '10.

I will gladly take 12-1 in his sixth season, but Hawk won't survive if it takes that long. He knows this. I am willing to be patient, but there's no reason we can't expect some big strides along the way.

it all depends on how well they recruit. if they have another big recruiting class, i think CU will be good next year and dangerous in '10.

The schedule is actually pretty favorable next year. Three tough games on the road against WVU (maybe), Texas, and Okie Lite. Otherwise, it is not too bad.

Football - 2009 Schedule Season
Date Opponent Location Time (MST) Results Media
Sat, Sep 05 COLORADO STATE BOULDER TBA

Sat, Sep 12 Miami, Ohio at Oxford, Ohio TBA

Sat, Sep 19 WYOMING BOULDER TBA

Sat, Sep 26 West Virginia at Morgantown, W.Va. TBA

Sat, Oct 10 *Texas at Austin, Texas TBA

Family Weekend

Sat, Oct 17 *KANSAS BOULDER TBA

Sat, Oct 24 *Kansas State at Manhattan, Kan. TBA

Homecoming

Sat, Oct 31 *MISSOURI BOULDER TBA

Sat, Nov 07 *TEXAS A&M BOULDER TBA

Sat, Nov 14 *Iowa State at Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Nov 21 *Oklahoma State at Stillwater, Okla. TBA

Fri, Nov 27 *NEBRASKA BOULDER TBA
I'm lookin at next year's schedule, and 7 wins doesn't look like a good bet. WV at Morgantown, Texas at Austin. We still haven't proven we can beat both Kansas teams. Add MU, and OSU in Stillwater, and I'm thinking 6 wins max again.

0-12 :smile2:

I remember what Hawk said when he came here. He was going to rebuild the program and it was going to occur in 4 stages: Lose big, lose close, win close, and finally win big.

I thought (as I'm sure many people did) after the WVU game that we were ready to move on to the win close phase of the rebuilding. It seems now like that is not the case. That can be disapointing for all the buffs fans, myself included, but IMHO it's ridiculous to start saying Hawk and his staff are not getting the job done and should be railroaded out of town. The rebuilding will take time, especially since Hawk's players are only sophomores at this point. Take a deep breath and excercise some patience

Lastly, on a semi-related note, this is a big part of a lot of underlying problems (IMHO) with the world at large today: Nobody has any patience anymore and everyone wants the quick fix.

I remember what Hawk said when he came here. He was going to rebuild the program and it was going to occur in 4 stages: Lose big, lose close, win close, and finally win big.

I thought (as I'm sure many people did) after the WVU game that we were ready to move on to the win close phase of the rebuilding. It seems now like that is not the case. That can be disapointing for all the buffs fans, myself included, but IMHO it's ridiculous to start saying Hawk and his staff are not getting the job done and should be railroaded out of town. The rebuilding will take time, especially since Hawk's players are only sophomores at this point. Take a deep breath and excercise some patience

Lastly, on a semi-related note, this is a big part of a lot of underlying problems (IMHO) with the world at large today: Nobody has any patience anymore and everyone wants the quick fix.

When the team is getting WORSE, not better, as the season is progressing, asking for patience is rather condescending.

When the team is getting WORSE, not better, as the season is progressing, asking for patience is rather condescending.

It's not my intention to be condesending. My point is that there was NOTHING left when Hawk got here. You can't just build a program from scratch and expect the job to be done in a little over three years.

I supose we differ in opinion about what is indicitave of a football team getting worse, and what's a tough stretch of opponents combined with a bunch of killer injuries.

I'm just asking that everyone wait until we actually have a losing record or a particularly inexcusable loss before hitting the panic button.

Back