1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cya New Mexico Bowl

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by ximianKernel, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ximianKernel

ximianKernel Member

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...22514306/pac12-likely-leaving-new-mexico-bowl

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

From the standpoint of being in a bottom end bowl this is better for the rest of the PAC but a little bit of a negative for CU.

No question that Tempe is much nicer in December than Albequerque. On the other hand if CU happens to be a bottom end qualifier the trip to NM is cheaper and quicker for most than going to AZ.

I hope that reasonably soon it won't matter because we are contending for better bowls but for now I think I prefer NM. Of course for the rest of the league NM is further away so it is selfish.

3. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Only a positive. Who really wants to go to Albuquerque for a bowl game anyway?

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Driving distance in one day. Cheaper, easier to find lodging. For a lower end bowl it's easier to justify the cost of a trip to NM as well as taking less time our of schedules.

No question Tempe is much nicer but Alb. has some advantages.

On the other hand as long as it has been since the Buffs earned a bowl trip some fans might get excited about going to someplace like Detroit.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Tempe is also better in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and November than Albuquerque.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  6. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Albuquerque's most famous for...

[video=youtube;e8TUwHTfOOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e8TUwHTfOOU[/video]

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Sucks for the New Mexico Bowl. A team like CU which would bring 30,000 fans, or drawing Marshall and having 14 fans.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

CU would send a boatload of fans to that game. This is unfortunate for CU, but understandable for the conference.

ABQ is a dismal city, though. There is no disputing that fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

9. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I'd love for a game to be in Burque but the lady is from Tucson so ld be fine either way. Burque is only 2 hrs from me tho.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  10. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Scott cutting ties with mwc imo

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

C-USA isn't exactly a great fit for this bowl unless the team from that conference ends up being someone like UTEP or UTSA.

12. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

And even then...the worst Pac-12 travelers are likely to bring more than the best C-USA travelers. Although one can never underestimate Stanford's inability to travel. Even still. A tie-in with C-USA from a bowl management perspective is best avoided.