What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cya New Mexico Bowl

Looks like the New Mexico Bowl has only one more chance for a rematch of last year's wild Nevada-Arizona game.
The Pac-12 is not expected to renew its contract with the New Mexico Bowl when it runs out after this season, according to two sources. Conference USA will likely replace the Pac-12 and play the Mountain West Conference representative for the 2014-19 cycle, according to a source.

The Pac-12 is jumping on the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, so maybe that affected the New Mexico Bowl's chances to keep the league.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...22514306/pac12-likely-leaving-new-mexico-bowl

From the standpoint of being in a bottom end bowl this is better for the rest of the PAC but a little bit of a negative for CU.

No question that Tempe is much nicer in December than Albequerque. On the other hand if CU happens to be a bottom end qualifier the trip to NM is cheaper and quicker for most than going to AZ.

I hope that reasonably soon it won't matter because we are contending for better bowls but for now I think I prefer NM. Of course for the rest of the league NM is further away so it is selfish.

From the standpoint of being in a bottom end bowl this is better for the rest of the PAC but a little bit of a negative for CU.

No question that Tempe is much nicer in December than Albequerque. On the other hand if CU happens to be a bottom end qualifier the trip to NM is cheaper and quicker for most than going to AZ.

I hope that reasonably soon it won't matter because we are contending for better bowls but for now I think I prefer NM. Of course for the rest of the league NM is further away so it is selfish.

Only a positive. Who really wants to go to Albuquerque for a bowl game anyway?

Only a positive. Who really wants to go to Albuquerque for a bowl game anyway?

Driving distance in one day. Cheaper, easier to find lodging. For a lower end bowl it's easier to justify the cost of a trip to NM as well as taking less time our of schedules.

No question Tempe is much nicer but Alb. has some advantages.

On the other hand as long as it has been since the Buffs earned a bowl trip some fans might get excited about going to someplace like Detroit.

Tempe is also better in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and November than Albuquerque.

Last edited:
Albuquerque's most famous for...

[video=youtube;e8TUwHTfOOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e8TUwHTfOOU[/video]

Sucks for the New Mexico Bowl. A team like CU which would bring 30,000 fans, or drawing Marshall and having 14 fans.

CU would send a boatload of fans to that game. This is unfortunate for CU, but understandable for the conference.

ABQ is a dismal city, though. There is no disputing that fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'd love for a game to be in Burque but the lady is from Tucson so ld be fine either way. Burque is only 2 hrs from me tho.

Last edited:
Sucks for the New Mexico Bowl. A team like CU which would bring 30,000 fans, or drawing Marshall and having 14 fans.

C-USA isn't exactly a great fit for this bowl unless the team from that conference ends up being someone like UTEP or UTSA.

C-USA isn't exactly a great fit for this bowl unless the team from that conference ends up being someone like UTEP or UTSA.

And even then...the worst Pac-12 travelers are likely to bring more than the best C-USA travelers. Although one can never underestimate Stanford's inability to travel. Even still. A tie-in with C-USA from a bowl management perspective is best avoided.

Back