What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D. Scott to Florida State?

I am sure there is SOME Div. 1 school that will take him. Wyoming or New Mexico or Tulsa or that type of school would certainly LOVE to have Darrell Scott on their sideline. Unfortunately, it appears that he only wants to go to a premier school, and it doesn't look like those schools have very much interest.

There is a small part of me that thinks he will be a buff again. I am rooting for the guy no matter what. (unless he goes to CSU or NU) I just don't like to tone of LA ripping current players saying that scott is much better than the ones that are still here. Something bad happened. That is all we as fans know. Scott seems like a good kid and I hope he has a wonderful life.

Last edited:
Somewhere lurking in the background of this saga is Slick Rick, just waiting to play the white knight.

If tuition could be "worked out", DS might make a great walk-on at UCLA. It would consumate a J-Fly reunion, too.

I think Scott has talent. I just don't believe the situation at CU provided the environment he needed to get the most out of his talent. I always remember Doc Kriess working with Salaam on getting in shape. Different people respond to different stimuli. I think D Scott needed an environment that set the bar higher for him.

Some of you, IMO, are expecting way too much out of Hildreth. The guy is a totally unproven walk-on player and because he looked impressive in practice a few times some think he is going to make up for this team's enormous deficiencies at the RB position? I just don't buy it.

That would be me. I'll back it up by saying I saw him in high school make plays when he had absolutely nobody making holes in front of him. He made things happen, he moved really well, and he was electric to watch. Do I think he deserved offers? Yes, I do. But I have seen first-hand that if your school and hs coach doesn't understand how recruiting works, and the timing of recruitment, it can be a huge problem for the player to overcome. Hildreth didn't. They released his highlight tape AFTER signing day, for Pete's sake.

I've seen him in high school, against decent competition and against weak competition, and I was thrilled when he chose to walk on at CU. But I don't think he (or anyone) should be dismissed because they are walkons. There are sometimes extenuating circumstances. And there are under-the-radar kids who play REALLY hard because they have something to prove. Because absolutely nothing has been handed to them up to this point, and they are willing to work harder than anyone thought possible to achieve success. Hmmmmm.

And, now, we return you to the previously scheduled program: the Darrell Scott situation.

That would be me. I'll back it up by saying I saw him in high school make plays when he had absolutely nobody making holes in front of him. He made things happen, he moved really well, and he was electric to watch. Do I think he deserved offers? Yes, I do. But I have seen first-hand that if your school and hs coach doesn't understand how recruiting works, and the timing of recruitment, it can be a huge problem for the player to overcome. Hildreth didn't. They released his highlight tape AFTER signing day, for Pete's sake.

I've seen him in high school, against decent competition and against weak competition, and I was thrilled when he chose to walk on at CU. But I don't think he (or anyone) should be dismissed because they are walkons. There are sometimes extenuating circumstances. And there are under-the-radar kids who play REALLY hard because they have something to prove. Because absolutely nothing has been handed to them up to this point, and they are willing to work harder than anyone thought possible to achieve success. Hmmmmm.

And, now, we return you to the previously scheduled program: the Darrell Scott situation.

I'm excited to see what quick does, but it disturbed me to watch the spring game footage... he goes down so fast once hands get on him.

..... It could also be that he is playing a waiting game with the current coaching staff and is putting his eggs into the basket of the as-of-yet unknown future head coach at CU taking him back.

A guy who quits the team mid year is waiting to see IF and WHO the next coach is before deciding on his future? Really? Let's see:

a. Hawkins might be here a few more years.
b. His teammates might not want him back, even if Hawk left tomorrow.
c. his biological clock is running.

There is absolutely no explanation for what DS is doing these days. But this scenario makes me belly laugh.

A guy who quits the team mid year is waiting to see IF and WHO the next coach is before deciding on his future? Really? Let's see:

There is absolutely no explanation for what DS is doing these days. But this scenario makes me belly laugh.

I agree that it's a stretch, but if he were serious about transferring, he would have done it by now. I think there's a good chance that he's found himself in a touch spot where there aren't any other schools willing to give him a scholarship. Faced with those circumstances, he very well may have convinced himself that he'll need to wait out a new coach at CU. Yes, it sounds crazy, but kids do crazy things. I never said it was a logical, rational thought process.

His biological clock?!!?!?

Talk about a belly laugh!

He has 5 years to play 4, absent some unknown circumstances. I have serious doubts that he will be eligible to play ANYWHERE in 2010 - so I guess it is good he has a redshirt season available.

I would be very surprised if anybody takes him on scholarship...he didn't really show anybody anything while he was here (not that he got the playing time to do so...regardless of who is to blame for that) I'm sure his phone is blowing up with walk-on offers though. The grass isn't always greener DS...

The only black and gold number 2's you will see around here will be in the stands...although I am seriously contemplating hanging mine up until there is a suitable replacement.

Guess he better get knocked up quick then.

Pure awesome! Rep sent. I was surprised no one commented on this. Honestly, it was the first thing that jumped out at me in this thread.

He has 5 years to play 4, absent some unknown circumstances. I have serious doubts that he will be eligible to play ANYWHERE in 2010 - so I guess it is good he has a redshirt season available.

Is that the right math? Wouldn't he have 4 to play 3? I don't think he was granted a medical redshirt or how much of last year counts towards his eligibility.

Not sure if anyone has brought it up, but isn't Florida A&M in Tallahassee?

FAMU is in Tallahassee. I could see him playing for FAMU

Guess he better get knocked up quick then.

Pure awesome! Rep sent. I was surprised no one commented on this. Honestly, it was the first thing that jumped out at me in this thread.

Is that the right math? Wouldn't he have 4 to play 3? I don't think he was granted a medical redshirt or how much of last year counts towards his eligibility.

Not sure if anyone has brought it up, but isn't Florida A&M in Tallahassee?

FAMU is in Tallahassee. I could see him playing for FAMU

When he started college, he had 5 years to play 4.

He played in 2008 and he played in 2009.

So he now has 3 years of eligibility left, and can play football in 2 of them.

Sorry for the confusion.

No news here,
just a blast from the past that passed as entertainment for me on this long weekend.
A little strange in the timing ... but someone just sent me this link to a scout thread from 2008 (non premium) called "Darrell Scott is a buff!" Does anyone else remember the thrill of these days?

Link: Darrell Scott is a Buff, Posted February 2008

The anger of certain UT fans was fascinating to re-read today:
HOW THE **** DO YOU KNOW WHERE SCOTT IS GOING? ARE YOU HIS MAMA'S GOD SON? YOU ARE JUST A SMACK TALKING LOSER WHO POSTS RHETORICAL GARBAGE WITH NO SUBSTANCE OF CREDIBILITY.

And later in the thread, a sad and ironic little footnote from an enthusiastic buff fan:
DARRELL SCOTT is a BUFF! and nothing can change that!

Ah, if you knew then what we know now.

Back