What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D1 Autonomy Voting

Which sports, given Title III, will CU cut in order to have a competitive football team? Oh, wait. I forgot. In order to remain "D-1" or whatever they call it now, a program must have a minimum number of sports. I think we are at that minimum. So, where do we get the funding? The new TV contract, season tickets, etc?

We're above the minimum since adding WLAX and it is Title IX. Otherwise, good rant. :wink2:

can you imagine a world where the Pac, B1G and ACC didn't try? where they decided to remain actual academic organizations and let the XII and SEC go onto become the quasi-NFDL they seem to want to be?

I think All five power conferences will still be about where they are. It's the difference between what the top of the conference pays its athletes versus what the bottom doesn't. Eventually each conf will have two or three premiere schools emerge which be like the super P5 because they will have consolidated all the premium coaches and premium athletes. Then you might also see certain positions getting better pay then others.

Unless the conferences themselves institute equal pay or something.

Back