1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daily Camera: CU cross country: Buffs' men still first, women move up to third in poll

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Sep 15, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jul 8, 2005
    The University of Colorado women's cross country team moved up to third in the latest USTFCCCA Coaches Poll, while the men held strong at No...

Continue reading...
  2. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    If anyone wants to read a more detail content re the cross country teams, Flotrack.com has been doing a countdown for ~ a month of its Top 31 guesstimates (31 is the # of teams that qualify to the NCAA championships) of the country's top teams, and they just finished today.

As with most everyone else, they predict the men coming in at #1 (http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/25...lo50-XC-Countdown-1-Colorado-Men#.VfmC1t9Viko).

They have the women coming in at #6- http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/25...50-XC-Countdown-6-Colorado-Women#.VfmDCN9Viko . (Surprising to me they didn't even mention sophomore Georgia transfer Tayler Tuttle, who I expect to be in the "running" for being one of the Buff's 5 scorers at major races this year, assuming she's healthy after a couple of issues last year. And, since she was the 2nd Buff finisher (running unattached) at the CSU race a couple weeks ago, albeit one where many of the top Buffs didn't race, I'd assume she IS healthy.)

It will be an interesting comparison to see who's more accurate at the end of the year, especially on the women's side as it relates to the Pac 12. I see Flotrack has the Ducks (#2 in the country) and Stanford (#3) VERY high in the ratings compared to others' rankings and, obviously, above the Buffs, while the preseason and 1st season poll (see OP) have the Buffs higher than both.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015