What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dallas & his Dawgs made it into town...

it's probably too late because dga6 is probably on the road already, but just in case...i'd recommend going through estes park and driving up into rmnp on the fall river road then coming back out on trail ridge. you always see some serious elk lounging by the road above timberline on fall river.

Is Fall River the one that is one way on the way up and then meets up with Trail Ridge at the top? If so, I concur with your recommendation.

DBT thanks for your suggestion on RMNP, that's where we're headed in a few minutes.

Hopefully we won't drive off a mountain looking at the scenery today...Later guys

When I worked at hospital up in the mountains, we'd see a spike in car accident related injuries during peak aspen season. It's as bad or worse than snow and ice.

It's a tragedy when drivers drift into oncoming traffic because they are gawking at the fall foliage and scenery instead of the lines on the road.

Is Fall River the one that is one way on the way up and then meets up with Trail Ridge at the top? If so, I concur with your recommendation.

Yes. One way dirt road all the way up to the visitors center. Very, VERY cool road. I might take that trip this weekend myself. It's supposed to be a killer weekend.

Yes. One way dirt road all the way up to the visitors center. Very, VERY cool road. I might take that trip this weekend myself. It's supposed to be a killer weekend.

I was up in South Park last weekend near Elevenmile Reservoir. The aspen scenery up there was spectacular.

as far as i'm concerned, still can't beat the reasonable hike up to the Isabelle Glacier.....some pretty rugged country up in Indian Peaks, on the Divde.

lake_isabelle.jpg

Something to look at for those of us far from the changing aspens.

longs-peak-aspen-vista-shadowed-8-x-2-75.jpg

I usually go up over Fall River Road and then take the back road out of RMNP into Grand Lake. I love Grand Lake. It's a great little town. The East side of Trail Ridge is usually a mess in both directions.

And how can we forget this:

Cartman%20-%20Casa%20Bonita.jpg

I usually go up over Fall River Road and then take the back road out of RMNP into Grand Lake. I love Grand Lake. It's a great little town. The East side of Trail Ridge is usually a mess in both directions.

And how can we forget this:

Cartman%20-%20Casa%20Bonita.jpg

You still need to come back home from Grand Lake. :lol:

Cool town, but they have had massive beetle kill up there.

I will be deeply disappointed in Billdawg if his crew does not hit Casa Bonita....

I usually go up over Fall River Road and then take the back road out of RMNP into Grand Lake. I love Grand Lake. It's a great little town. The East side of Trail Ridge is usually a mess in both directions. [/IMG]

I've spent a lot of summers (and parts of winters in Grand Lake). Great place. The beetle kill is really unfortunate. However, the Rope (the Lariat) is one of the best bars you will ever go to.

How spectacular would RMNP be if they closed it to motor vehicles! Maybe have a couple shuttles for those who can't hoof it.

There goes the neighborhood. :lol:

BTW, what hotel is the team staying in? Not that I'd drive around honking my horn at 2AM or anything.

Man, why not drive up to Estes Park and check out Rocky Mt. NP?

Yes, the elk rut is in full swing, would be a good experience

worst. idea. ever.

We've been trying to solve this problem at all the major parks: Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc. The central parking/shuttle idea has been looked at ad nauseum. People just don't want to give up their cars. But congestion and related sound and air pollution is one of our biggest issues, especially in the "natural" parks.

We've been trying to solve this problem at all the major parks: Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc. The central parking/shuttle idea has been looked at ad nauseum. People just don't want to give up their cars. But congestion and related sound and air pollution is one of our biggest issues, especially in the "natural" parks.
Isn't the answer obvious? More parking....

It seems to work well at Zion. What's the big deal?

Yosemite has almost been ruined by the crowds. I won't go there and be in the valley or lyv during summer weekends.

A huge part of the charm of RMNP for me is the drive up over Trail Ridge/Fall River road. I love it. It's spectacular, and I can do it at my own pace. I can bring a picnic lunch up there (we have our favorite spot on the back side), and enjoy a gorgeous Colorado mountain day at my leisure. Outlaw cars in RMNP and I wouldn't bother going at all. Stupid idea.

Outlawing cars in RMNP would drastically reduce the amount of folks who visit there. And all the camping fees would go away, too. They couldn't afford to do it right now even if they wanted to.

As much as I like to bitch about the congestion on the East side of Trail Ridge, outlawing cars is a catastrophically dumb idea.

The solution to congestion at RMNP is obvious: Go to the San Juans.

so what color are the Georgia fans going to wear to the game? it would be sweet if the WHOLE stadium wore black. I still get shivers thinking about the sea of black for FSU

Since I ride a bike, I'd like the idea of no cars on Trail Ridge :smile2: But, that's way too selfish, it's a beautiful road with killer scenery...

46064_1573264858256_1434592756_31527594_3259171_n.jpg

Back