1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas News Article

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I am not sure if this article on Hawkins was posted here. But Cody has some really interesting comments in it. MLawBuff posted it on Rivals.com. Here is Cody's comment in it.

"We had two quarterbacks here on scholarship who probably couldn't play for my high school team. And then we had one guy who was a junior who didn't really get along with the guys, and we had a senior who had the enthusiasm of most rocks in a gravel pit."

Wow. I am not sure i've ever heard cody comment on that situation like this. Every time I hear or read something on Cody he is really respectful and smart about what he says. I don't think he knew this was going to be used. jmo.

Here is the whole article

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That is a pretty amazing quote. I can't imagine his father is really thrilled about that statement.

Trying to reconstruct who he might have been referring to, Brian White was a junior and James Cox a senior at that point, so I think the last two are fairly self-explanatory. As for the two who "probably couldn't play for his high school team", I have to guess one was Mack Brown. Not sure who the other would be, unless he is referring to Patrick Devenny (is he still on the roster at TE? If so, I really hope Cody wasn't referring to him...) :huh:

3. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

<deleted>

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  4. chipwich

damn you beat me to it.. :cool:

Cody needs to be more careful. He comes across as very arrogant.

5. Junction

I'll take a run at it, although I pretty much gave away my answers above:

a) 1,4 :smile2:
    b) 4
    c) 5
    d) 2,4,5 :sad1:
    e) 3

chipwich likes this.
  6. chipwich

:lol: dammit you quoted me before i deleted my post. oh well :cool:

7. Junction

Hey, the quiz was a great idea. It deserved to live... :thumbsup:

8. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

My take was more of Cox and White, but Brown could be one of the 'couldn't play' guys too. I guess Devanny could be one, but I never thought he was really thought of as a QB much at all, so that kind of goes without saying.

Yeah, he came across as a bit arrogant, and needs some polishing, but like his Dad, I like the firey guy and he is saying what he did as the on-feild commander of his team. You can tell that last year he already thought of the team as his, and was pissed at players who were ho-hum about being here and not committed to the team (maybe not the right words, but you get it).

I would guess that even now Cody is holding back a bit, and prolly next year you will see someone who leads this team who is 'If your hair is not on fire for the Buffs, then get the hell of MY field!!'. Someone who only cares about getting the win for the team, and not about personal gain or stats. And players will follow someone like that.

9. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I have no issue with the quote, he was respectful of Jackson who played and tried his best, White was a crybaby and a quitter who ran off to portland state and is 2-5 this year.

10. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Oustanding, Cody!!! WyoBuff holds honesty and belly-fire in high regard. Sick 'em, Brothu! THE PRIDE AND TRADITION OF THE COLORADO BUFFALOES WILL NOT BE ENTRUSTED TO THE TIMID OR THE WEAK!!!!!!

66BUFF likes this.
  11. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

agree 100%

I like a little arrogance in a QB :thumbsup:

12. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Like McMahon!!

13. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

meh. dallas morning news is RANK with a number of misrepresentations each and every week.

about a week or so ago, they were running a "chin up horns" sop piece about how crappy ou will be next year after they lose everybody, and named quite a few names.

unfortunately for the accuracy of the writer, a fistful of the names bantered are underclassmen. :rolleyes:

they probably asked cody how it is that he had to burn his redshirt, and asked about how it is that the line was so paer thin. they then proceeded to twist his words for the maximum dramatic effect, and put them entirely out of context.

they are tards.

14. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

All good except Cody didn't burn his redshirt.

15. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

true dat. he had his first start vs the rams.

i was less than clear, owing to juggling about ten things at once. point being, that newspaper makes a number of inaccuracies. bringing up "redshirt" and "burn" is one of them.

probably STILL not clear: their questioning strategies were likely along those lines, prompting cody's choice of words. they certainly got corrected in the process, but i would not be suprised if that was their approach.

sense?

16. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Perfectly!

17. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Just because it got written doesn't mean it's true. The non-rape scandal taught all of us that. I highly doubt that Cody said those things and if he did it was probably said an confidence to in internal member of the program and Cody was unaware he was being overheard. Cody has more class and more brains than this.

18. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

agree, seemingly not Hawk speak

19. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

If Kisla left fhe Denver Post to work for the Dallas Morning News, the quality of both papers would improve. The DMN has the worst sports writing.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007