What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Damn Snyder has truly resurrected KSU

I suppose Snyder will retire again (this time for good) when the NCAA's new JUCO transfer & eligibility rules kick in.

Sooners are in for a rough season. It was evident vs UTEP.

KSU is looking good. As for the fans, they were at their worst towards Nebraska. With us and the nubs gone, I dont have to worry about it. :slayer:

Hes a very good coach, he doesnt always recruit the best guys, he recruits the right ones for what they do. Coaching 101.

Hes a very good coach, he doesnt always recruit the best guys, he recruits the right ones for what they do. Coaching 101.
He gets the most out of his players that's for sure. Let's hope our staff can learn to do the same. So far not impressed.

Bill Snyder is probably the best coach in college football to have never won a championship. He gets more out of his guys than anyone else and knows how to win. KSU was the worst football team in D1 before he got there. Most coaches have trouble with one rebuilding job, he has now done it twice. Ron Prince burned it to the ground and it only took 3 years to bring them back. I don't like Synder but I certainly do respect what he has done there. It is also hard to root against Klein, the kid is so tough and plays so hard.

Bill Snyder is probably the best coach in college football to have never won a championship. He gets more out of his guys than anyone else and knows how to win. KSU was the worst football team in D1 before he got there. Most coaches have trouble with one rebuilding job, he has now done it twice. Ron Prince burned it to the ground and it only took 3 years to bring them back. I don't like Synder but I certainly do respect what he has done there. It is also hard to root against Klein, the kid is so tough and plays so hard.

There is no magic to what Snyder does. He is just better at it than anyone else. His teams play solid, old-fashioned disciplined football. By that I mean that they block and tackle as well as anyone in the country. If you can say that, you can win football games with average talent. Nothing fancy. Just blocking, tackling and playing until the whistle blows. Funny how that works everywhere it is emphasized consistently.

There is no magic to what Snyder does. He is just better at it than anyone else. His teams play solid, old-fashioned disciplined football. By that I mean that they block and tackle as well as anyone in the country. If you can say that, you can win football games with average talent. Nothing fancy. Just blocking, tackling and playing until the whistle blows. Funny how that works everywhere it is emphasized consistently.
:yeahthat:
I would only add "and don't make mistakes." How many times have the coaches of opposing, better talented teams essentially said "listen, if we don't make mistakes, we win this game." The problem, of course, is that highly talented players are used to being able to use their talent to overcome their mistakes - a Snyder coached team won't allow that: as soon as you make a mistake, they are in the perfect position to take advantage of it.

It does help that you can major in "bakery science" though; which I'm sure leaves the players a lot of extra time to focus on their playbooks...

He is one of the best coaches ever in my book...2 time resurrected ksu...and that is in Kansas State

:yeahthat:
I would only add "and don't make mistakes." How many times have the coaches of opposing, better talented teams essentially said "listen, if we don't make mistakes, we win this game." The problem, of course, is that highly talented players are used to being able to use their talent to overcome their mistakes - a Snyder coached team won't allow that: as soon as you make a mistake, they are in the perfect position to take advantage of it.

It does help that you can major in "bakery science" though; which I'm sure leaves the players a lot of extra time to focus on their playbooks...

KSU owns Texas for this very reason. KSU is simple and focused.

Master the basics. Be consistent. Do a few things really well. That is a great philosophy for football...or just about anythign else.

I've never been to teh state of Kansas, but KSU is one of my favorite teams because of this philolophy.

KansasSt_vs_OU_medium.gif

Kansas state should have played for the national title in '98, they choked it away to A&M in the Big 12 title game.

You know I respect your opinion, but I don't give much weight to anyone who won the big 12 in the early 2000s. Including barnetts efforts.

Pookie, you just dissed about a thousand men who have played the game. How much skin have you left on the football field? Still waiting for a post from you to convince me you aren't gay other than 'I'm gonna ****ing kill you'. Punk Pookie.

Back