1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan Creedon

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BlackNGold, Jun 5, 2013.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Irv Moss had a nice article in the Post this morning about Dan Creedon. Dan may have been before many of you but he was just a fantastic sports reporter/ Columnist/ and Buff Fan. He made the sports pages at the Camera. I did not know he was ill but keep him in your prayers. The Guy is a Buff through and through.

Link to Dan.

OrangeBowl likes this.
  2. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

One of the best college football writers of his era. You'd learn more from one of Dan's weekly columns than from a month of Ringo's drivel!

He was also a great editor/teacher of young sports writers. Without Creedon's tutelege, Rick Reilly would be bagging groceries at Safeway.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

the BDC used to have an excellent sports page under Creedon. before all the knight-ridder parent companies and others buying and trading around the BDC.....bled the life out of the paper.

i grew up reading about the Big 8 with the Creedon sports page. Godspeed Dan.

heck, irv and joe ripped off the Daily Camera sports page for their show topics for YEARS.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

slightly OT: even though i'm not a huge Dave Plati fan, interesting read between the lines comment from him.....

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

He and I were born in the same town. Probably the same hospital. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2