What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hanner's P12 Preview

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Great stuff from Hanner as always. FYI, here are his projections, but I urge you to read the whole thing.

Stat | PPG | RPG | APG | ORtg | Poss | Min Josh Scott |15.3|8.4|1.1|122.8|24%|75%
Dom Collier |9.8|3.2|2.7|96.4|20%|77%
Tre'Shaun Fletcher |9.6|4.4|1.4|105.4|20%|67%
Josh Fortune |9.4|3.5|1.5|99.8|21%|62%
Wesley Gordon |7.7|6.8|1.2|112.7|17%|65%
Thomas Akyazali |5.4|2.1|1.9|95.6|19%|45%
Tory Miller |5.0|3.5|0.3|96.3|21%|35%

Immediate thoughts:

* I think Fortune will have better numbers than Fletch.
* Surprised to see Akyazili on the list. XT is getting those minutes. And I think those numbers would be about in line with what he may do. I don't see Tommy getting many minutes this year.
* George King needs to be on there, but he's hard to quantify because of his limited minutes his frosh year.

Scott ended the season on a tear. Wonder if that's the Scott we see this year as his numbers were really deflated by his back injury last year. Thanks for posting Goose. King is the wild card. Crazy that Dom has more minutes than anyone else though. Just goes to show you, we go as he goes...

I'm with @Goose, I don't see Fletch's numbers being higher than Fortune. I also don't see, (nor do I want to see) Dom be the 2nd highest scorer. Need Fortune/Wes/Fletch to be more involved offensively than that, I don't want to see a natural pass first PG be the 2nd leading scorer on this team. Dom may develop into that, but if they really play inside out, he shouldn't be scoring that much.

Dom could end up there in point totals because of being the guy getting volume free throws off inbounds plays at the end of games. But he better not be the #2 scoring option within normal game flow.

Going off what you guys have said, King should take some of Fletch's minutes and production which would correct for the disparity between Fletch and Fortune.

I'm really excited to see how Fortune and King perform. There is a pattern of guys, like Kyle Wiltjer and T.J. McConnell, who sit out a year, focus on their games, and achieve success. They don't take playing basketball for granted. Then again, maybe I'm cherry picking the outliers. It's hard to quantify how the redshirt experience will impact a player.

If the offense really does flow through the post, as stated in the media, it's possible that Scott and maybe even Gordon/Miller will hit 2.0 for assists for the season.

The pg isn't gonna get credit for the entry passes that are then kicked out to open shooters.

Going off what you guys have said, King should take some of Fletch's minutes and production which would correct for the disparity between Fletch and Fortune.

I'm really excited to see how Fortune and King perform. There is a pattern of guys, like Kyle Wiltjer and T.J. McConnell, who sit out a year, focus on their games, and achieve success. They don't take playing basketball for granted. Then again, maybe I'm cherry picking the outliers. It's hard to quantify how the redshirt experience will impact a player.

Worked for us with Carlon Brown... all the way to a Pac-12 title.

Fortune this year. White next year.

That plus the prep school years from guys like Miller and (next year) Brown along with bringing in 2 Euros (one who is older and both who have lived away from home to compete and grow as basketball players)... tells me that Tad is very focused on having a more mature team and started recognizing the developing problem a few years ago. Last season was his worst fear coming to fruition.

I'm VERY excited about White. I thought he was going to be a nice rotation guard for us next year, but all the talk around him has me excited.

It's going to be a usual year of the mid-tier logjam and those ~3 games are going to mean a ton for this program. This conference is changing, it's up to us to not be left in the dust.

I think we need more than 9.4 out of JF to be where we want to be.

Arizona 5 star freshman, Ray Smith, tore his ACL and is out for the year.

Back