What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins chosen as US Head Coach for World Cup

Eye placement?

Is he expecting the players to mutate into flounder-like bottom feeders?

Come on now. FLounder isn't as bad as Hawkins.

If they are trying to grow the sport internationally this is a good strategy. Give everyone else the best chance to beat the US at their own game.

Listening to that little mother f*cker talk about working on the little things makes me want to grab a ball point pen and stab him in the eye.

Listening to that little mother f*cker talk about working on the little things makes me want to grab a ball point pen and stab him in the eye.

I don't think that's what he meant by "eye-placement", but perhaps you're right.

I don't think that's what he meant by "eye-placement", but perhaps you're right.

That poo flinging chimp doesn't even know what he means. "little things" is Hawkins code for "I don't know what the Hell I'm talking about"

What is their mascot? Can he we say we need to get our ****ing horns out? He already did the little things bull****. Like Cody but I really dislike his fraud father

Well, he is already out of lines. On why they beat Japan yesterday:
"I think things they were right on in the first half they were maybe just a half-step off on in the second half. It might sound little, but little things can make things happen in a big way.” 7/12

I watched some of the game sunday, it was actually pretty fun. Beatty and Webb played a lot, Webb had a good game. always will root for that guy.

Coach better not kick to the French returner Wed. I want this guy on my team though:
”I was introduced to the sport through video games when I was young,” Dable said. “I was getting a Nintendo 64 and I was looking for a game. A friend recommended ‘NFL Quarterback Club.’ I didn’t know anything about football, and I told him, ‘If this game isn’t good, I will punch you.’ ”

I think the fear was that they would find a way to justify keeping him another year. So yeah, was happy that he blew it so bad and forced them to get rid of him.

Would have been a better day if CU would have hired a competent coach.

I hope that Hawkins gets another coaching job. Anything to keep him off the ESPNU "Experts" show or from doing color on a game broadcast.

I don't know much about this tournament, but are they playing on a 50 yard field or something? The article said the US gained 454 yards in the game - that seems light for a team that scored 82 points.

They scored a TD on 12 of 13 possessions (running out the clock in the 13th to end the game) - that's only 35 yards per possession.

Edit: 1 blocked punt return for TD by BJ Beatty, one fumble return for TD, and 2 drives of 10 yards or less.

Last edited:
I don't know much about this tournament, but are they playing on a 50 yard field or something? The article said the US gained 454 yards in the game - that seems light for a team that scored 82 points.

They scored a TD on 12 of 13 possessions (running out the clock in the 13th to end the game) - that's only 35 yards per possession.

Edit: 1 blocked punt return for TD by BJ Beatty, one fumble return for TD, and 2 drives of 10 yards or less.
So.... when did he learn that was an option?

Back