What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins: offensive coordinator for FIU (strike that... UC Davis HC)

Plenty of oranges available for half time...

Glad to see him get another gig in coaching, he wasn't a terrible guy. Just WAY over his head in the P5.

He recruited the likes of Nate Solder and Jimmy Smith I believe. Just imagine what he can do with South Florida talent.

I'm having visions of FIU fans coming to this board to see what we think of their hire hoping that we have some silver linings for them. Uhhh.. Nope. Hah!

I'm having visions of FIU fans coming to this board to see what we think of their hire hoping that we have some silver linings for them. Uhhh.. Nope. Hah!
I have a couple, he doesn't have any more kids that are eligible to play and he will bring his own lunch box filled with juice boxes, so they have that going for them.

There are very few people I use the word hate for. After Hawk threw away the win in Kansas to secure a record for his son, I went there with him. Coach daddy ball may have set the record for the worste demonstration of the cliche of Rec League ever. He laid the foundation for undermining what so many worked so hard to build. If I ever meet him in person, it will be very hard not to punch him in the face. He is scum and I pity FIU.

There are very few people I use the word hate for. After Hawk threw away the win in Kansas to secure a record for his son, I went there with him. Coach daddy ball may have set the record for the worste demonstration of the cliche of Rec League ever. He laid the foundation for undermining what so many worked so hard to build. If I ever meet him in person, it will be very hard not to punch him in the face. He is scum and I pity FIU.
By nature I am a largely forgiving person, but my blood still boils every time I think of that game...

In short, he is a turd in my book.

I can't decide if the KU game was a blessing or a curse. Losing that game got him fired after the university backed out on firing him end of 2009.

If DII doesn't go full retard and CU wins at KU and ends up 6-6 and in a bowl he probably would have been back in 2011.

If DII coached the Buffs in 2011 would the water bottle era ever have happened?

They should be truthful and give him the title of "Offensive Un-coordinator."

Get ready for delay of game penalties coming out of time outs followed by 3 yard patterns on 3rd and 15.

Lots of firm handshakes and twinkles in the eyes all around.

Oh, and if you don't have kids you don't know what you're talking about.

So they are going to run the spread west coast pro style option with a side of power running. I hope their punter is limber next season.

Word of advice to the FIU play by play guy: time to come up with a clever catchphrase to describe short hitch plays on third and long. Mark Johnson never did master that one.

Hiring a failed P5 HC who was never a coordinator but had been a position coach on one side of the ball... hmmm... it worked so well for Oregon this year.

Hiring a failed P5 HC who was never a coordinator but had been a position coach on one side of the ball... hmmm... it worked so well for Oregon this year.

yes, this is the head-scratcher for me as well-- kidding aside, why would anyone hire him to be an offensive coordinator? nothing on his resume suggests he even understands how offenses work, let alone play calling.

poor fiu. i only wish it were a p5 team other than ours he was destroying.

yes, this is the head-scratcher for me as well-- kidding aside, why would anyone hire him to be an offensive coordinator? nothing on his resume suggests he even understands how offenses work, let alone play calling.

poor fiu. i only wish it were a p5 team other than ours he was destroying.

They hired him as a coordinator. He is the offensive part.

Dan Hawkins is a terrible coach. Simple as that. We should've listened to the Boise State fans that told us we hired the wrong coach (Chris P was always the brains behind that operation).

dan-hawkins-quote-hey-if-its-only-about-winning-count-me-out-its.jpg

Back