What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins: offensive coordinator for FIU (strike that... UC Davis HC)

My first response was those poor kids. My second thought is to wonder if he can be a better coach if you take his son out of the dynamic.

Or does Cody come along as OC?

I don't hate Hawk. I think he is a guy who took over the keys of a Boise program that was running smoothly and he kept it running smoothly. That was a way different task than trying to rebuild a fallen program in Boulder.

He has never shown he can "build" a program and I don't expect this to be different. He could though if he gets the right assistants and gets out of their way.

The only thing about this that is unprofessional is the timing. Obviously, he was talking to UC Davis when he accepted the FIU job. He clearly didn't think he was going to get the UCD HC position or he wouldn't have accepted the FIU gig.

Just weird.

Or does Cody come along as OC?

I don't hate Hawk. I think he is a guy who took over the keys of a Boise program that was running smoothly and he kept it running smoothly. That was a way different task than trying to rebuild a fallen program in Boulder.

He has never shown he can "build" a program and I don't expect this to be different. He could though if he gets the right assistants and gets out of their way.
Rebuild a fallen program in Boulder? Were you watching the same CU team? Yeah, 70-3 in the Big 12 championship game was an embarrassment, but we were division champs when we fired Barnett. I'd hardly call that a fallen program. Hawk, water bottle and admin idiocy/incompetence is what turned us into a fallen program.

Rebuild a fallen program in Boulder? Were you watching the same CU team? Yeah, 70-3 in the Big 12 championship game was an embarrassment, but we were division champs when we fired Barnett. I'd hardly call that a fallen program. Hawk, water bottle and admin idiocy/incompetence is what turned us into a fallen program.

We were nowhere close to as bad as he left the program but GB had quit recruiting and yes the admin was a giant cluster. CU had gone from a perennial top 10 team to an average team quickly. When Hawk came in we had 6 OL on scholly, the QB position was a mess, and plenty of other issues existed.

He was brought in to restore CU to a ranked program, instead he turned us into a rank program. He should have been fired at least a year earlier than he was.

Specifically my point, he was brought in to turn program in decline around, instead he made it worse. So far his one accomplishment, and the one that got him the CU job was being able to guide an already build and successful Boise Program on the path it was already on. And much of that credit in hindsight goes to the assistants who were there.

If he succeeds at UC Davis it will be because he hires the right assistants

We were also about to become a middle of the pack team in the North at best.

We were also about to become a middle of the pack team in the North at best.

Yeah. I think we'd slipped behind Mizzou and Nebraska, probably KSU also. KU was improving a lot, too. But the fall was to mediocrity, which seemed so much worse at the time than it was because of the height we'd fallen from. We saw later what "burnt to the ground" was in reality.

Probably a good fit for him. Wish him well. Wish UC Davis the best also, they may need it
Why would you wish that ass clown well? He was a ****ing liar and s ****ing douche bag who screwed CU athletics.

No sympathy for that pathetic piece of ****. His son sucked too.

Why would you wish that ass clown well? He was a ****ing liar and s ****ing douche bag who screwed CU athletics.

No sympathy for that pathetic piece of ****. His son sucked too.

Hate all you want to on Hawk ... but IMO Cody was a tough kid who played with heart and toughness, and who gave his all despite some size and talent limitations. The OU game in '07 was his best performance and that's well known, but shortly after that game he also played well and won while getting physically hammered against a solid T-Tech team in Lubbock. So the last sentence of your post is entirely ****ed up IMO.

Last edited:
I'm over it. Hawkins didn't hire and extend himself. He took the job and the money. He failed. So did Charlie Strong that EVERYONE said would thrive at Texas but had the worst 3 years in the history of Texas.

It was a university wide **** up, which was compounded by an even worse decision with Embree.

But we're back now and I feel the university has learned a lesson it needed to.

I wish Hawk luck.

As someone said above, he will do as well as his assistants do and no better. He is devoid of talent and knowledge. He is also very ethically challenged, but no need to expound on that. Good riddance to old rubbish.

I'm over it. Hawkins didn't hire and extend himself. He took the job and the money. He failed. So did Charlie Strong that EVERYONE said would thrive at Texas but had the worst 3 years in the history of Texas.

It was a university wide **** up, which was compounded by an even worse decision with Embree.

But we're back now and I feel the university has learned a lesson it needed to.

I wish Hawk luck.
I agree. I have no hard feelings toward Hawkins. Actually the only x coach I dislike is Nueheisel.
Hawkins didn't succeed here, obviously and made some bad mistakes, (like recruiting his son for qb), but he didn't drive the program into the ground. He just couldn't pull it out of the nose dive it took with the media induced scandals, Embree and Bieniemy leaving, and the lack of recruiting that followed. We lost 70-3 two games before he got here. Good luck to him and his son.

Back