What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins: offensive coordinator for FIU (strike that... UC Davis HC)

I'm over it. Hawkins didn't hire and extend himself. He took the job and the money. He failed. So did Charlie Strong that EVERYONE said would thrive at Texas but had the worst 3 years in the history of Texas.

It was a university wide **** up, which was compounded by an even worse decision with Embree.

But we're back now and I feel the university has learned a lesson it needed to.

I wish Hawk luck.

Agree. However, was it really a university wide **** up or just a Mike Bohn **** up? I actually don't resent the hire, but I do resent Bohn for not having the foresight. Good luck to him - he did some messed up things, but he was better than Embree, for which I also blame Bohn.

Second stint where he had success. His benefit is that he is a bigger name than he was the first time, and he doesn't have to coach against top tier coaches at that level. Any great ones are probably gone fairly quickly. I'm guessing he stays and has fairly successful teams at that level and stays there for a long time.

Last I heard about Cody, he was at tosu as a assistant coach in training. Is he going to join dad as OC or QB coach?

Reactions: DBT
He might be doing both. Unless he's a HS teacher, the OC bit is probably an after hours gig.

I suppose that's possible, but his profile says he's in Culver City, and responsible for SoCal, Nevada, and Arizona, so that would be a hell of a commute. Whatever, who cares. More interesting to me is the sidebar of other Buffs. Some seemingly impressive titles on that list for fairly recent grads.

Back