What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins Presser: aka-Excuse Machine

I heard them on tv yelling from the sidelines for the fake fg so I know thats legit. I used to watch the presser but same **** as always so no more. I hope like hell, if Hawk is around next year, they set the tone right now. Other words, they set the tone for next year right now. Hawk needs to give himself a huge kick in the ass and have Everyone else get ready for theirs. I hope he doesnt come back but it seems that is probably the case.

I understand why he's redshirting some talented players. He's done this the previous 3 years, too. He is redshirting as many players as he possibly can for the long-term good of the program. Eventually, by taking that approach, Buff teams will be dominated by 4th-year Juniors and 5th-year Seniors with younger guys seeing the field only when they are true blue chip, game-changing playmakers. This is one of the things that Hawkins should be commended for and a good justification for being patient.

I realize there are a lot of other reasons why we shouldn't be patient or why patience has run out (I'm right there with you), but this is not an area where we should be faulting Hawkins.

I understand why he's redshirting some talented players. He's done this the previous 3 years, too. He is redshirting as many players as he possibly can for the long-term good of the program. Eventually, by taking that approach, Buff teams will be dominated by 4th-year Juniors and 5th-year Seniors with younger guys seeing the field only when they are true blue chip, game-changing playmakers. This is one of the things that Hawkins should be commended for and a good justification for being patient.

I realize there are a lot of other reasons why we shouldn't be patient or why patience has run out (I'm right there with you), but this is not an area where we should be faulting Hawkins.

Great in theory, but in reality when you have the amount of players leaving the program each year that Hawkins has had we will never be dominated by 4th year jr's and 5th year seniors. This is year four and we are still a young team. Get the best players on the field.

That is exactly what timouts are for. They failed miserably, especially since they saw it coming. This is the difference between 3 points and 7.
I wasn't saying they didn't fail miserably, I was just saying that they at least did seem to know something was up on that play. I fully agree they should have called the TO.

Calling a timeout in that situation only allows Mizzou to re-set the play and punt. You're screaming at your players because Mizzou can't change the play in that situation and you want your guys to come up and shut down the fake. You're gambling that your guys will make the play, and put your offense in a better spot as the result.

I have no problem with it. I just wish they had executed the play.

"Lot of kids redshiritng that really could have helped us this year."

Ringo: If they could have helped why didn't they?

"Depth... good players in front of them... etc.."

I fail to understand the point of this. I'm sure there are some good players redshirting right now, but the ones I'm thinking of wouldn't really help much this year because there are those players ahead of them. What a hollow excuse. For example: Deji Olatoye was supposedly pretty good in practices, but what difference is he going to make with the players ahead of him at CB, unless he became a safety when I wasn't paying attention. Do we have any good ones redshirting there?

His redshirting of players is definitely commendable, but seriously if these players could help the team, PLAY THEM? I'm seriously trying to think of positions that have a few kids redshirting and not coming up with much.

QB: no
RB: no
WR: Ussery and Darden?
TE: Thornton, but what difference would he make with Geer and Deehan around.
OL: Maybe? Not sure what they'd be able to do without proper coaching and in need of a year in the weight room, Handler, Harris and Bakhtiari all were on the light side if I recall.
DL: Are we even redshirting anyone on the DL?
LB: Doubt they'd be any better than who's playing. I like Nobriga and Webb, but our LB group is very deep, no need for them to play.
CB: See LB
S: Not aware of anyone that would've made a difference, I don't even know who our backup safeties are. What happened to Stephen Hicks?
K/P: Maybe this is who he meant, Grossnickle hopefully punts better than DiLallo and kicks better than Goodman, but we need him to be a 5th year senior leader for us down the road.

White,

I think he was talking about special teams except for maybe WR. Hildreth and Orms may be our best punt returners and they're redshirting. Deji may have been able to get some snaps at CB, but he'd definitely play on ST (as would Webb and Nobriga). And Grossnickle's definitely a better athlete with a bigger leg than DiLallo.

Yeah, because out of the other 80 guys on the team that aren't redshirting, NO ONE can catch the ball besides Espinoza. :confused:

Hey, turn on KOA at 6:45 tomorrow morning. Hawkins usually does the "Dan Hawkins Show," kind of a prelim to the evening version, at that time. Stffan what's his face actually asked a tough question or two last week. It was, um, uncomortable.

White,

I think he was talking about special teams except for maybe WR. Hildreth and Orms may be our best punt returners and they're redshirting. Deji may have been able to get some snaps at CB, but he'd definitely play on ST (as would Webb and Nobriga). And Grossnickle's definitely a better athlete with a bigger leg than DiLallo.

Fair enough. A reason for optimism I suppose? I was just looking over the last few recruiting classes and had a :cry: moment when I realized what little help has come from the 2006/2007 classes. It felt like I was reading a major league baseball teams minor league farm team top 30 and how only 2-3 of them made it to the big leagues.

Anyone think the timing of the Scott announcement immediately after the weekly press conference was a coincidence?

Me neither...

Anyone think the timing of the Scott announcement immediately after the weekly press conference was a coincidence?

Me neither...

yeah, Talkins will probably try and duck his radio show tonight with one of those "dentist" appointments. :lol:

Back