What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins

If you get sick of him tell him to give UW (Seattle) a call.

We're mired in mediocrity and tired of it.

I really thought at the beginning of the season that Ty had things turned around up there. I still think they are headed in the right direction.

So keep your dirty paws off of our good coaches! The next time we get a guitar playing dumbass, we'll be sure to let you know... :smile2:

TW is so loyal to his coaches that he doesn't mind having a defensive coordinator giving up 1,700 yds+ in 3 games.

As of now, the UW needs to hire Jim Mora, Jr. Otherwise, we'll be Pac 10 bottom dwellars for a few more years. F********

Hawk, as much as I currently adore him, will never be a good fit for the NFL. And I honestly can't picture him anywhere other than Boulder. I'm sure the Boise State fans felt the same way. Anything can happen. But, here's hoping that Glacier has a flavor in twenty years known as Hawk's sHerbert!

(Lemon and Blackberry swirled?)

Motivational speaker Tony Robbins + illusionist David Blaine + coach Bear Bryant + TV Adam Rich's haircut from 8 is Enough = Coach Hawkins.

My guess is that Hawkins will be cranking out books and hitting the corporate motivational speech circuit should he ever tire of coaching football at the People's Republic of Boulder. He needs a winning record at CU and a few signature BCS bowl wins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think if he were to leave CU it would be for the pacific northwest. he is from norcal (i think) and the atmosphere in many of those college towns matches boulder. i am particulary scared if oregon ever came calling because eugen is so similar with a heavy support system.

Well, rest assured, Hawk is a goal oriented guy. His goal is to make CU a national powerhouse and win a National Championship. I can't see him doing anything, career wise until he has accomplished his goals. So, whatever he does, it will be good for CU.

Remember the Hawk love fest? Yeah, this happened YESTERDAY! My, what a mess gets created when blowouts and knee jerk reactions collide.

Read some of these "old" posts, take a deep breath (or a shot... or a vicodin), and look forward to ISU. Consequences aside, it's just one game, and there's another one next Saturday.

he's great, not a fan yet of his direct snaps and receiver around the end "boys club" sweep, or his 3 man pass rush

he's great, not a fan yet of his direct snaps and receiver around the end "boys club" sweep, or his 3 man pass rush

Agreed. I'm still a Hawk fan, but some of his playcalling makes you go :confused: Enough with the 3 man pass rushes! Unless we go transition to a 3-4 defense, I do not want to see it. Even then you need blazing speed at LB to do that and we just don't have that yet.

Get rid of the 3 man pass rush and the direct snap and the handoff to the receiver in motion and I'll be a lot happier. He has been playing more of a field-position game lately so I'm happy about that progress. The playbook has opened up since last year, but given that Hawk is finally implementing it (last year the playbook was extremely limited) I have my hopes.

Tonight's game was ugly, but Mizzou is legit. They got creamed by OU, but playing in Norman is tough. No excuses though and if they play in San Antonio I don't see them pulling an upset. Their fan base doesn't travel well enough so it'll be like a home game for the Sooners.

Back