1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan Mullen, Cam Newton and $$$$...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Nov 10, 2010.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

does the Cam Newton mess, and the allegation Miss. St. got outbid by Auburn take Dan Mullen off the list? Discuss.

2. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

All he reports I have read say that Mississippi State reported this..... so they are looking ethical.

3. rscmac

rscmac Club Member Club Member

Its the SEC its just a matter of time before one of those schools have to cheat and pay somone isnt it?.
    Everyone on espn is so shocked dont know why

4. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

http://twitter.com/ColFootballNews

Pete Fiutek of College Football News is reporting that Newton is about to be suspended. He allegedly admitted in a team meeting that he did in fact take the $200 K or whatever.

5. nycskibum

nycskibum Member

I think it takes Malzahn off the list before Mullen. Especially when you consider how he got his first job at Arky to begin with

6. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Oh this should get good. Its like the Reggie Bush scenario, but mid-season.

7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Wow. I wonder if the person or persons who paid the $200K feel like they got their $$$'s worht now.

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

These are the ones we know about. Think about the ones we don't know about.

Effective immediately after the Alabama game.

9. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

He's off the list cuz his name is Dan.

10. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

If they suspend him for the SEC title game, that'd be something.

11. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Here's a new rumor to supercede the old rumor from a half hour ago:

Bogus suspension rumor aside, Cam Newton to play vs. Georgia

Posted by John Taylor on November 10, 2010, 1:39 PM EST
    [​IMG] If you’ve followed Twitter at all today, you’ll understand the reasoning behind the above headline quite well.
    In the last hour or so, the Twitterverse was set ablaze — and damn-near burned to the ground — by a “report” that Cam Newton was set to be suspended by the NCAA within the next three or fours. The “report” emanated from Ian Fitzsimmons of ESPN radio in Dallas/Fort Worth, but there was just one problem; Fitzsimmons didn’t actually report what was being tweeted. The radio host merely stated on-air that the Newton situation with the NCAA, as big as it is, could change in (arbitrary number alert!) three or four hours. A listener/blogger misconstrued Fitzsimmons’ words, went to Twitter with his version of Fitzsimmons’ words and, well, basically wasted a whole bunch of people’s time chasing down what was essentially a bad relay of information.
    It had gained sufficient steam and created such betting movement, however, that most of the major Vegas books have taken the Auburn-Georgia game off the board. It was also enough that, when combined with the latest bombshell to be dropped on the Newton imbroglio, head coach Gene Chizik was forced to clarify his quarterback’s status for Saturday’s game.
    “I want to get this off the table up front: Cameron Newton will be playing Saturday against the Georgia Bulldogs,” Chizik said earlier this afternoon.
    Auburn officials have stated on multiple occasions that they have no reason to question Newton’s eligibility. The latest spate of reports have apparently done nothing to sway them from their rock-solid stance that Newton is eligible and will continue to maintain his eligibility through the end of the season.
    “We’ve prepared and focused just like we have any other week,” Chizik said. “Nothing has changed. … Our focus every week has been on the next opponent. This week has absolutely been no different.”
    Well, except for the whole raging inferno of media-fueled controversy, this week has absolutely been no different.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  12. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

Mullen of off the board because he wants 2 million per year

13. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

This reminds me of a Barry Hess quote: "I sure got my money's worth, didn't I?". I'm pretty sure it was Hess, who recently lost the Governor's race as a Libertarian candidate, who long ago had loaned our one-time governor Ev Mecham $400k - Ev's time in office sort of blew up after he used the term pickaninny, among other things - it was very entertaining/embarrassing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Mecham).

14. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I have to imagine even being connected to this kid in any way is enough to make our Admin shy away. Therefore, I can't imagine anyone from Miss State will be seriously considered (even if they are the ones that reported the violation).

15. max4buffs

max4buffs Well-Known Member

I just heard on the radio Cam's father bought a brand new double wide house. I vote GUILTY!

16. drmike

drmike Member

FWIW a Miss. St. alum buddy of mine told me today that they (boosters I guess) have been anticipating Mullen getting poached for some time now and have nearly 3 1/2 mil saved up ready to counter. This would not surprise me a bit as they as tired of getting bitch slapped in the past as we are now. Not to mention that they finally have the upper hand on Ole Miss and they will do anything to keep it that way.