What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Mullen, Cam Newton and $$$$...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
does the Cam Newton mess, and the allegation Miss. St. got outbid by Auburn take Dan Mullen off the list? Discuss.

does the Cam Newton mess, and the allegation Miss. St. got outbid by Auburn take Dan Mullen off the list? Discuss.

All he reports I have read say that Mississippi State reported this..... so they are looking ethical.

Its the SEC its just a matter of time before one of those schools have to cheat and pay somone isnt it?.
Everyone on espn is so shocked dont know why

I think it takes Malzahn off the list before Mullen. Especially when you consider how he got his first job at Arky to begin with

Wow. I wonder if the person or persons who paid the $200K feel like they got their $$$'s worht now.

Its the SEC its just a matter of time before one of those schools have to cheat and pay somone isnt it?.
Everyone on espn is so shocked dont know why

These are the ones we know about. Think about the ones we don't know about.

http://twitter.com/ColFootballNews

Pete Fiutek of College Football News is reporting that Newton is about to be suspended. He allegedly admitted in a team meeting that he did in fact take the $200 K or whatever.

Effective immediately after the Alabama game.

Here's a new rumor to supercede the old rumor from a half hour ago:

Bogus suspension rumor aside, Cam Newton to play vs. Georgia

Posted by John Taylor on November 10, 2010, 1:39 PM EST
106655205.jpg
If you’ve followed Twitter at all today, you’ll understand the reasoning behind the above headline quite well.
In the last hour or so, the Twitterverse was set ablaze — and damn-near burned to the ground — by a “report” that Cam Newton was set to be suspended by the NCAA within the next three or fours. The “report” emanated from Ian Fitzsimmons of ESPN radio in Dallas/Fort Worth, but there was just one problem; Fitzsimmons didn’t actually report what was being tweeted. The radio host merely stated on-air that the Newton situation with the NCAA, as big as it is, could change in (arbitrary number alert!) three or four hours. A listener/blogger misconstrued Fitzsimmons’ words, went to Twitter with his version of Fitzsimmons’ words and, well, basically wasted a whole bunch of people’s time chasing down what was essentially a bad relay of information.
It had gained sufficient steam and created such betting movement, however, that most of the major Vegas books have taken the Auburn-Georgia game off the board. It was also enough that, when combined with the latest bombshell to be dropped on the Newton imbroglio, head coach Gene Chizik was forced to clarify his quarterback’s status for Saturday’s game.
“I want to get this off the table up front: Cameron Newton will be playing Saturday against the Georgia Bulldogs,” Chizik said earlier this afternoon.
Auburn officials have stated on multiple occasions that they have no reason to question Newton’s eligibility. The latest spate of reports have apparently done nothing to sway them from their rock-solid stance that Newton is eligible and will continue to maintain his eligibility through the end of the season.
“We’ve prepared and focused just like we have any other week,” Chizik said. “Nothing has changed. … Our focus every week has been on the next opponent. This week has absolutely been no different.”
Well, except for the whole raging inferno of media-fueled controversy, this week has absolutely been no different.

Last edited:
Wow. I wonder if the person or persons who paid the $200K feel like they got their $$$'s worht now.

This reminds me of a Barry Hess quote: "I sure got my money's worth, didn't I?". I'm pretty sure it was Hess, who recently lost the Governor's race as a Libertarian candidate, who long ago had loaned our one-time governor Ev Mecham $400k - Ev's time in office sort of blew up after he used the term pickaninny, among other things - it was very entertaining/embarrassing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Mecham).

I have to imagine even being connected to this kid in any way is enough to make our Admin shy away. Therefore, I can't imagine anyone from Miss State will be seriously considered (even if they are the ones that reported the violation).

FWIW a Miss. St. alum buddy of mine told me today that they (boosters I guess) have been anticipating Mullen getting poached for some time now and have nearly 3 1/2 mil saved up ready to counter. This would not surprise me a bit as they as tired of getting bitch slapped in the past as we are now. Not to mention that they finally have the upper hand on Ole Miss and they will do anything to keep it that way.

Back