What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Mullen To Interview ??

Oh yeah, the whole adult population of the burg of Boardtown is "fully behind him" (which wouldn't fill the east side of Folsom on a bad day).

And if he and his wife are happy living in a town where the BIG events are the Magnolia Film Festival, followed by the Cotton District Arts Festival.....well, gee.......how can Boulder and the metro Denver area compete with that???

If that's Dan's aspiration, let him stay there. Maybe next year he can be King of the Dudy Gras Parade?

FYI, Davis Wade Stadium is larger than Folsom, and it's about to be expanded to 62K.

While quality of life is nice, what football coach has a good quality of life? They live at the office.

His money would go a lot further in Mississippi than in Boulder.

FYI, Davis Wade Stadium is larger than Folsom, and it's about to be expanded to 62K.

While quality of life is nice, what football coach has a good quality of life? They live at the office.

The coach may live at the office, but his family doesn't. Quality of life may be important to them too.

Other than the stadium being renovated does MSU have any other facility plans? I ask because facility upgrades are a part of Bohn's contract offers than includes a IPF (MSU doesn't have), a Dal Ward expansion/renovation, and a Folsom renovation/expansion that should bring the capacity up to ~60K

Some of you guys are treating the football forum like a smack board. Stop.

Other than the stadium being renovated does MSU have any other facility plans? I ask because facility upgrades are a part of Bohn's contract offers than includes a IPF (MSU doesn't have), a Dal Ward expansion/renovation, and a Folsom renovation/expansion that should bring the capacity up to ~60K

I read that Mullen actually designed his own IPF which is currently either under construction, or fully committed. $25M project was the estimate.

5 hour drive to gulf coast white sand beaches and condos in AL, which sounds like many of you have never heard of.

Last edited:
5 hour drive to gulf coast white sand beaches and condos in AL, which sounds like many of you have never heard of.

5 hours isn't all that close to the beach. I'm sure it's nice and that folks have a great time with that, but as others pointed out that is kind of like selling the UNLV job based on proximity to the ocean.

5 hours isn't all that close to the beach. I'm sure it's nice and that folks have a great time with that, but as others pointed out that is kind of like selling the UNLV job based on proximity to the ocean.

It's a helluva lot closer than Boulder and most people around here hit it 3-4 times a year, especially wives and kids. Never mind, different worlds. They could fly there every weekend with that salary anyway.

It's a helluva lot closer than Boulder and most people around here hit it 3-4 times a year, especially wives and kids. Never mind, different worlds. They could fly there every weekend with that salary anyway.

I completely agree that if the beach is what you and your family want that Boulder is not on your list. But unless we're comparing Boulder to an actual beach town, I don't get your argument. From Denver, you can fly to any beach town in the nation in under 5 hours, as you mentioned (especially with a $2+ million annual salary). I can appreciate that this stretch of Alabama beach is a big deal down that way and as I said, I'm sure it's nice. But I just doubt this will have any influence on the career decision.

how is the skiing? :smile2:

I read that Mullen actually designed his own IPF which is currently either under construction, or fully committed. $25M project was the estimate.

This is correct. Not sure how much input Mullen had into the design, but it's being built now.

The beach comments are hilarious.

I must say that there is a part of campus where you can pick excellent psilocybin mushrooms. Fun times when I was an undergrad.

This is correct. Not sure how much input Mullen had into the design, but it's being built now.

The beach comments are hilarious.

I must say that there is a part of campus where you can pick excellent psilocybin mushrooms. Fun times when I was an undergrad.

:lol: you would have fit in, in boulder haha

Bragging about beaches in Mississippi? People don't go there to go to their beaches, only to clean them up.

either way, every time the Buffnation gets excited whenever someone "in the know" throws a name out there and that coach or AD or someone else "in the know" states that's its all completely false and simply rumors or someone else's wishful thinking we are getting laughed at even more by the CFB world. It's making this job less and less desirable.

If this keeps going we'll be paying some HS Coach school $4M/yr w/ naming rights to the stadium and a 10yr contract just for the honor of coaching the mighty Buffs,

Last edited:
Back