What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Mullen To Interview ??

I grew up in West Texas. We never went to the ****ing beach. Except for Lake Nasworthy.

I live on an island in Florida. 30 second walk to the beach. Nobody would enjoy being sandy and wet driving 5 hours home. Starksville is the ****hole of the south.

I live on an island in Florida. 30 second walk to the beach. Nobody would enjoy being sandy and wet driving 5 hours home. Starksville is the ****hole of the south.

At least it's not 140 degrees there, though. :wink2:

Since this thread has been thoroughly hijacked, I might as well pile on. I've been to Starkville. I can't say it's a bad town, rather it's just a small nondescript sort of place. It certainly doesn't have the charm of Oxford Miss,, but I like it better than Auburn. If you were a person that enjoyed the country life, I suppose you could be happy there. The college makes it a tiny bit more progressive that it normally would be for Mississippi. I think you can even buy beer there on Sundays.

In purchasing price parity, earning $1 million in Starkville is the equivalent of earning $100 million in Boulder based on my research*.

* Scientific wild ass guess.

I just really really want to hear our new HC named soon. Yes, I am willing to wait a little longer for the right guy, but I am starting to squirm.

cfiles66069.jpg

certainly nothing to write home about -

Awesome! Dan, Megan and the kids piled up in a station wagon with dead dog tied to the bumper headed to the beach. Long day, broken umbrella and forgot the sunscreen. Burnt to a crisp, kids are hungry and wet with sand in their ass they make the long trek home. Whadda day!

People with way more bank than me own condos in a nice high rise or beach houses. Drive in the AM, spend a week, every weekend, or lease it and stay when it's not full. Do whatever the hell you want, it's your condo. Just saying that not everywhere outside Boulder is a ****hole with nothing to do like many allbuffers think. Hell maybe they hate the beach. They probably just stay home , pick cotton, and eat chitterlings.

Awesome! Dan, Megan and the kids piled up in a station wagon with dead dog tied to the bumper headed to the beach. Long day, broken umbrella and forgot the sunscreen. Burnt to a crisp, kids are hungry and wet with sand in their ass they make the long trek home. Whadda day!

People with way more bank than me own condos in a nice high rise or beach houses. Drive in the AM, spend a week, every weekend, or lease it and stay when it's not full. Do whatever the hell you want, it's your condo. Just saying that not everywhere outside Boulder is a ****hole with nothing to do like many allbuffers think. Hell maybe they hate the beach. They probably just stay home , pick cotton, and eat chitterlings.

I don't feel that people are saying that every place outside of CO is a ****hole. I am saying that Mississippi is a ****hole, quantifiable in nearly every way you can imagine:

http://www.americashealthrankings.org/MS

We've been down for 7-8 years because of the scandal that wasn't, and it's time to come back hard. We're a better job than Miss St, prepared to pay for a great staff and move forward with improvements to facilities. It's not 5 years ago or two years ago. This program is ready to go big again.

I hate the beach. Sand, jelly fish, sharks and ****. Ain't no sharks in Aspen or Steamboat, man. Sand is dirt. Therefore, beaches are dirty. My dad was born in Laurel. He got the **** out of there when he was 6 years old.

Honestly, I've been down to Gulfport. I do not have much memory of it other than the people there were awesomely nice people. They treated me so nicely. I really enjoyed it. These decisions are complex, I'd imagine. They go far beyond the location.

Last edited:

I know it must feel like everyone is piling on, but if the best part of Starksville is actually a 5 hour drive away, that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of that town.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Buffnik
It's the independent community radio station in Boulder. They're my go to source when I can't get Independence Community College on the line.

+1 Line of the year. You've done it again, Nik. Somebody get this man some rep. I'm out.

Um, lots of places have lakes besides rural Mississippi.

I know. People in Mississippi and other places (Oklahoma being one) think going to the lake is a big deal, so I was just poking fun. Starkville is nowhere near the beach.

I will try not to get my hopes up, but holy cow that would be a hire. One positive you could sell Dan Mullen on is that you don't have to go through Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia and now aTm to get to the playoffs. Just win the Pac 12.
Florida and Georgia are in the SEC East. MSU doesn't play them too get to the SEC Championship game. CU would be a big step down.

:lol: You could legitimately sell the border of Arizona as being "close to the beach" if 5 hours away is close to the beach. Hell, I'm 4 hours away from Vegas, so that's pretty much right next door.

You have to realize that when someone has voluntarily chosen to live in Mississippi they couldn't imagine what appeal a world-class city like Chicago holds. If you live in Mississippi you don't care about ethnic food, culture, infrastructure, shopping, facilities, professional sports teams, quality of life, world class universities, world class hotels, quality of medical care, etc. etc. etc.

You have to realize that when someone has voluntarily chosen to live in Mississippi they couldn't imagine what appeal a world-class city like Chicago holds. If you live in Mississippi you don't care about ethnic food, culture, infrastructure, shopping, facilities, professional sports teams, quality of life, world class universities, world class hotels, quality of medical care, etc. etc. etc.
i'm not going to rag on mississippi, i've been and enjoyed myself. the women were certainly beautiful. that said, someone from mississippi dissing chicago is pretty funny.

I moved away from Colorado to make a lot more money. The only part of Mississsloppy I've seen was the highway along the Gulf. I would live there if they doubled my salary.

And that is why a football coach would come here. Money and challenge. As much as we think Boulder is the end all, be all of major football programs --- it is kinda like the Mississippi of college football. Rundown, places low in all measuring categories and doesn't get much respect from peers. So we have to get a hungry up and comer who doesn't mind building and hope the Hell he stays for the mountain lifestyle.

Last edited:
i'm not going to rag on mississippi, i've been and enjoyed myself. the women were certainly beautiful. that said, someone from mississippi dissing chicago is pretty funny.

Yeah. Different strokes, though. I actually know a guy who lived in Los Angeles for a while and chose to move to rural Arkansas. Liked hunting, fishing and the pace of life there. Relating it to the Mullen situation, one of the first things I posted about him is that he's not a country boy. That being the case, odds are that he would like Boulder more than Starkville. Doesn't mean that I think there's anything wrong with Starkville.

:lol: You could legitimately sell the border of Arizona as being "close to the beach" if 5 hours away is close to the beach. Hell, I'm 4 hours away from Vegas, so that's pretty much right next door.
Rented a car in Tucson and drove to Rocky Point in a couple of hores.

Florida and Georgia are in the SEC East. MSU doesn't play them too get to the SEC Championship game. CU would be a big step down.

That's true. But it has nothing to do with buffedup's point about making the NCAA playoffs when they come along. To do that, you do also have to get past Florida, Georgia or somebody from the $EC East. Shocking as it may be, the $EC title game won't be an official part of the playoff system....

Back