1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dare I ask: Is wearing red OK now?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I don't own a single piece of clothing with red on it that isn't part of the American Flag or the C in the state flag and haven't since the early 90s... As weird as it would feel to wear something red, I think keeping the ban on red going wouldn't be right... NU isn't worth that much.

Now if this Utah thing gets going pretty good in the next few years we can change it up again but I see Utah leveling off at something like what a Kstate or TTech is now.

2. colobuffs

colobuffs New Member

I have honest to god not worn red since 1991!! Hate neb with a passion!! They and dr T can go to hell.

3. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

how dare you ask

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I was actually thinking the same thing today. :lol: I feel it's time to lift the ban.

5. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

Wait to see who the rival turns out to be.

Personally, the only clothing with red I have is Engineer (U.S. Army) related. Otherwise, you won't see any in my closet.

6. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

7. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

The cool thing about the PAC is I actually like most of the schools there. Have no feelings toward OSU and WSU, UW I could build some hate for but Seattle is pretty cool. I have never met a USC grad that has impressed me and this after living in SoCal for a few years. Utah I could see being annoying. Cal and Stanford are cool, hey, Stanford gave us Elway. UCLA is cool excluding the Slick Rick thing and then there are the two out in the desert that do their thing...

My point is, I don't see anyone worthy of being hated even half as much as NU that would warrant a ban on their colors.

8. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

Nope. It's going to take time for a rivalry to build w/ Utah, but they're red. I see per CU tradition, us grabbing the baddest dude on the block and calling them out. That means U$C (Red), you're on the hitlist and we're going to pick fights with you until we start winning consistently.

RED is out!

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

It's just not the same.

10. drew6236

drew6236 Club Member Club Member

I feel like since UCB won't be playing Nebraska anymore that I need to become a Hawkeye fan. I will never will red, for as long as I live.

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Well these Zona fans are wearing red, and they're acting like Huskers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Q4GQTp18I

12. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

The four corners rivalry with Utah, Arizona and ASU will pick up steam rather quickly IMO, especially with the amount of AZ residents who attend CU.

CU/Utah needs some sort of trophy to go with their game. I'd like some indigenous Indian relic, a spear or something but I'm afraid those would be contraband in the liberal Pac 12. :p

Besides that, I still hate red, whether thats Ute Red, Wildcat Red, Trojan Red or whatever.

13. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Red is a nice color for chics...

14. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

I forgive but I never forget. No red for me.

15. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

So on Wednesday during my wife's travel to the beach for the weekend, she stopped by the Marine Corps Exchange and all my kids got new USMC sweatshirts. They were really disappointed when, even though it is "Marine Corps Red," they couldn't wear their new sweats until Saturday. Well, now no restrictions on the red in my house... my wife will be happy about that part.

I don't think my Mother will drop the red ban quite so easily, I think she will still only drink "Blacky Mary's" (Bloody Mary with black food coloring)

16. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Unfortunately even though the series is over Colorado is still infested with those red wearing cult members who managed to escape that state and move to Colorado. Even though we won't be playing them any more we will still have to put up with their incessant worship of anything related to the corn. Wearing to much red might assist them in their delusions that people actually want to hear about or see reminders of their obsession.

Probably a good idea to not to encourage the idiots unless you want to hear more about how great they are for beating some sub .500 FCS school by 27 in OOC play again.

17. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Wear RED, be PROUD! That's what I say.

Buff fans need to get over their self induced inferiority complex.

Geesh!

Good luck in the 12-Pac!

18. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

Red is NEVER acceptable. Period.

19. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

UCB? Troll alert?

20. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

I had the same "a ha" moment about wearing red back in June, the week after the announcement that Colorado was moving to the Pac-12.
    http://www.cuatthegame.com/2010/cu-at-pebble-beach/ - scroll down to "Fashion revelation".

Still haven't purchased anything red yet, however ... it's just too hard. :huh:

21. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

have always owned red clothes (never let the fuskers remove a color from my life)

22. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I am done with them, will not live my life around a color. didn't care before quite honestly. Wearing a red golf shirt now. Just another color.

23. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Jebus. I wear red all the time. My high school colors were red for gods sake.