What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darell Garettson

There is something about this post.....

MacIntyre probably spent more time looking at tape of Chandler High School and there in person than any other high school. He obviously must know the Chandler High School coaching staff well.

As soon as Coach Mike takes over at CU, Kissima is gone.

I'll say it in this thread - I suspect there is something to this. Not saying anything bad, but not all players are perfect fits for all coaches and vice-versa.

And, also, Coach Mike is not going to recruit his QB here. If he thinks Sefo is going to work out, he will be done. If he has reservations and this kid absolutely says no thanks to SJSU, and pursues Colorado, there's an outside chance. But it is against the Coaches Unwritten Oath.

Lastly, Sefo is a project. He is athletic but not polished. His footwork is awful. His delivery is not great. And he plays on instincts that have him pull it down and run at first sign of pressure. I watched his entire Junior Film highlights and there was not one play where he stepped up into the pocket to throw. He was flushed out all the time. So what many see as "playmaking", many coaches will be turned off to. I have said it 100x on here. Sefo has 1 offer, despite having showcased his talents on some big stages and camps. He may turn out to have 3 great years somewhere, but he is a project.

Interesting. The timing of Kisima deciding on ASU is odd. My initial thought was that ASU was probably applying a lot of pressure saying "we have a spot for you, but you have to decide right now or you'll lose it." That coupled with uncertainty about the new CU coaching staff would make it tempting for him to decide on ASU. Also, ASU had a good D-line this year so that may have played a role.

I hadn't thought of the fact that he may have met coach Mac and they didn't click. I hope that's not the case because I'm still holding out hope that we get Kisima. He seems like a big loss to me.

I agree that Sefo is not polished. I don't agree that he pulls the ball to run and is unwilling to stay in the pocket--just the opposite judging by his senior games. Keep in mind that his receivers and OL are weak. He is often getting 3 seconds to throw before multiple rushers get to him. Checkout the championship game this year. Here is a 15m highlight reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olyTcXpu19c

After watching the game, i'm glad we have Sefo. And I wouldn't trade him for Max Browne, who is a project for other reasons.

As far as Garettson, I agree he has good vision and quick feet. He is not fast though. He probably runs a a 4.8. (there are no posted 40 times on the recruiting sites, and he is listed as a pocket qb) Sefo runs a 4.5. Garettson also has good touch on the ball and is accurate. He lacks both arm strength and size. He is throwing to several good receivers. (number 8 might be worth recruiting for us). It appears he isn't playing against strong competition as he has 15s to throw the ball on practically every highlighted play.

So I would conclude that I don't think Garettson has what it takes to be a Pac 12 QB.

"Lastly, Sefo is a project. He is athletic but not polished. His footwork is awful. His delivery is not great. And he plays on instincts that have him pull it down and run at first sign of pressure. I watched his entire Junior Film highlights and there was not one play where he stepped up into the pocket to throw. He was flushed out all the time. So what many see as "playmaking", many coaches will be turned off to. I have said it 100x on here. Sefo has 1 offer, despite having showcased his talents on some big stages and camps. He may turn out to have 3 great years somewhere, but he is a project."
[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone who sees exactly what I see...big project. Jumps into his throws. Rarely sets up his shoulders and footing when passing the ball. These are HARD things to change...and they must change at the next level. Back foot jump passes go the other way for 6 in the pac 12.

This is the guy we should be going after:

Damian Williams, QB, Archbishop Rummel High School, Metairie, LA

He just won the first state championship for his high school in Louisiana's top division. He's the perfect fit for the pistol offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwq_6f3ghY4

Tacarro really likes Damian Williams. 3rd thread I have checked with this post.

Tacarro really likes Damian Williams. 3rd thread I have checked with this post.

Well, I just learned he wants to go out of state...and he has run the pistol offense for the last 3 years. Why would we not want him in black and gold? Much better for CU's offense than anything we currently have or will have with current recruits.

Well, I just learned he wants to go out of state...and he has run the pistol offense for the last 3 years. Why would we not want him in black and gold? Much better for CU's offense than anything we currently have or will have with current recruits.

Appreciate your excitement for the young man and your desire to see him in Boulder. Typically though, one thread is enough to make that point.

Sounds good. I hope the coaches take a look at him.

If you want the guy to come here, call the coaches - Allbuffs may have recently experience an all time high in influence, but it isn't a consistent thing. :lol:

Back