What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darnell Scott and ramnation

Face it, the crap we bitch about CSU doing to CU is the same crap we do to NU. I understand you are all Buff fans, as am I, but buy a cup of reality and figure out that we are not so much different than them. We don't want to claim a rivalry with CSU and NU does not want to claim a rivalry with us. We make fun of NU players and troubles, and CSu does that to us.

The only thing different is that we are on the other side of the equation with the two teams. Top on CSU, bottom on NU (for records).

Flame away, but it is quite funny that so many of you are blind to the obvious similarities.

Actually, there is a major difference that you did miss. :rip: cornholio :rip: is a conference game that has had impact on the Big XXII championship game almost every year of the conference's existence.

You are correct in the fact that a lot of CU fans, myself included, act towards :rip: cornholio :rip: the way that CSU does towards us, but in addition to a lopsided history they are conference rivals.

We have a couple of fans who hate Notre Dame, USC etc... but nothing out of conference like CSU towards us.

sadly, we do the same thing with ****braska

Almost but not quite. I dont think we are quite as delusional as the goat people are. We bash Nebraska but we all know they're time of glory is gone, whereas the sheep think we can return to some respectability. Now kNu will be better than they were in the past but the CSewe will not, at least not in the foreseeable future.

CU is work in progress, but the signs are there that we are returning to the form we had in the late 80s to mid 90s. kNU is a victim of the schollie limit and more TV exposure for smaller schools due to the expanding channel list and being in a $h!tty area. CU is a victim of Major PRO teams, and various other distractions besides NCAA football, so we both will have our limits to expansion because of those reasons. But now the lambs are simply a small school on the fringe of the inhabited West with very little TV exposure and resources to entice consistent major talent to their program.

My point is we are now more on the same level as kNu but CSU will never be (unless catastrophic events come to pass) on the same level as CU.

LOL, and how many "I went to Ramnation" threads have there been the past two weeks? I hate to report it to you all, but this street goes 2 ways. :huh:

LOL, and how many "I went to Ramnation" threads have there been the past two weeks? I hate to report it to you all, but this street goes 2 ways. :huh:

And you've posted 6300 posts on allbuffs, so I guess the street goes every which way.

Actually, there is a major difference that you did miss. :rip: cornholio :rip: is a conference game that has had impact on the Big XXII championship game almost every year of the conference's existence.

That right there pretty much kicks the we are Nebraska's CSU idea to the curb in my opinion as well!

4 threads out of over 50 :huh: Sure proved your point:rolleyes:

I've not ventured over to RM so I can only go off what the posters here are saying but I suspect the vitriol anti CU posts over there are 4-5 times over here. It's the MO of RM, there's no denying that.

I've not ventured over to RM so I can only go off what the posters here are saying but I suspect the vitriol anti CU posts over there are 4-5 times over here. It's the MO of RM, there's no denying that.

4-5 times...try 400-500 times more and worse...it's the only thing over there

Dont forget that there is a donor board that Im sure nobody here has access too. The board is definetly segmented.

I have never posted on neither sheeplovers anonymous (RN) nor cornholer express (HI) and dont see any reason why I should. I have visited before to confirm the delusional cloud you all have over your heads is still there.

sheep-holers are simply envious, one because they live in one of the crappiest parts of the world and the other because they will never have the resources to compete, and BOTH of their programs are on the decline and have been for a while.

sheep-holers are simply envious, one because they live in one of the crappiest parts of the world and the other because they will never have the resources to compete, and BOTH of their programs are on the decline and have been for a while.

This is pretty over the top. Neither place is any where near the crappiest place in the world and whether we like it or not the NUbs will be competitive again. Not dominant, but certainly an occasional threat to win the north and the B12. Not sure where CSU is headed, but they'd better hope Fairchild gets this turned around fast or the already apathetic fan base will be non-existent, and the "cash cow" for the rammie AD will be dry.

the crap that spews over there is the main reason I root for csu to lose ALL of their games..... I might even root for corn to beat them cause if csu were to do that we wouldn't EVER hear the end of it:huh:

This is pretty over the top. Neither place is any where near the crappiest place in the world and whether we like it or not the NUbs will be competitive again. Not dominant, but certainly an occasional threat to win the north and the B12. Not sure where CSU is headed, but they'd better hope Fairchild gets this turned around fast or the already apathetic fan base will be non-existent, and the "cash cow" for the rammie AD will be dry.

I dont think Ft Collins is crappy NEb however is. IN the world? perhaps not but I was trying to make a point, dont be so literal.

I stated earlier that Knu will compete but not to level they were in the 90s.

I dont think Ft Collins is crappy NEb however is. IN the world? perhaps not but I was trying to make a point, dont be so literal.

I stated earlier that Knu will compete but not to level they were in the 90s.

I mostly agreed with your take, I just don't think there where you live discussion plays into a football conversation. I would not ever choose to live there, but that can be said for a lot of places, not just NE

I mostly agreed with your take, I just don't think there where you live discussion plays into a football conversation. I would not ever choose to live there, but that can be said for a lot of places, not just NE

I guess I should've framed it in the world of recruiting; as that is the life line to a good program staying good. Now kNu may have some history and facilities, but so do many other programs. Many schools can now compete with the noobs on exposure.

I guess I should've framed it in the world of recruiting; as that is the life line to a good program staying good. Now kNu may have some history and facilities, but so do many other programs. Many schools can now compete with the noobs on exposure.

Gotcha, I hear what you are saying.

The long and short of it is that this is CU/CSU week, and it's the first game of the year to boot. There's bound to be lots of talk going both ways this week. The difference, of course, is that next week, the vast majority of us will have completely forgotten CSU.

It goes both ways, thats all Im trying to say. I havent dared go to NB to see what those whack jobs are talking about.

Me neither, or any other site regardless of team. You must admit that the same Allbuffers who are reporting about ramnation will be reporting about the goings on of all our competitors' websites the week of the corresponding games. Some unfortunately will still be obsessed with CSU.:huh:

Me neither, or any other site regardless of team. You must admit that the same Allbuffers who are reporting about ramnation will be reporting about the goings on of all our competitors' websites the week of the corresponding games. Some unfortunately will still be obsessed with CSU.:huh:

I wont be

And to make one point clear, my main observation and point is yes, both schools are talkign about each other as we should be, but csu is barely talking about their own football program and anylizing, just trashing cu. I see cu fans at least talking about CU too.

Face it, the crap we bitch about CSU doing to CU is the same crap we do to NU. I understand you are all Buff fans, as am I, but buy a cup of reality and figure out that we are not so much different than them. We don't want to claim a rivalry with CSU and NU does not want to claim a rivalry with us. We make fun of NU players and troubles, and CSu does that to us.

The only thing different is that we are on the other side of the equation with the two teams. Top on CSU, bottom on NU (for records).

Flame away, but it is quite funny that so many of you are blind to the obvious similarities.

Been sayin' this for years.

Meh. I root for CSU every game except for one (against us), and so did most of my friends when we were at CU. Maybe it's different up in Boulder now.

I don't know any *ebraska fans who root for us in any game.

Meh. I root for CSU every game except for one (against us), and so did most of my friends when we were at CU. Maybe it's different up in Boulder now.

Nope, no one I know roots for em. Their fans are insane, in a bad way, worse than ours.

Agreed. When I was in Boulder, I had great friends at CSU....Ft Collins is a great place, especially relative to Bum F*** Nebraska, Horse Turd Oklahoma, Manhattan Kansas, etc

Back