What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrell Scott: Coming back or moving on?

How do you feel about Darrell Scott leaving or coming back?

• I think he will stay and I will welcome him back

Votes: 46 28.2%
  • I think he will stay and I will not welcome him back

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I think he will leave and I will miss him

Votes: 66 40.5%
  • I think he will leave and I will say good riddance

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • I don't know what I think but I will say "I knew it" when he does decide

Votes: 28 17.2%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://colorado.scout.com/2/926778.html

Scout.com has confirmed with multiple CU sources that Darrell Scott still has not asked for a release from his scholarship in Boulder and that at least one conversation has taken place about the possibility of Scott returning to the program.

============

The article goes on to say that he did receive permission to contact coaches at other programs about transfer opportunities and that he's looking at Arizona now.

Strange days. I can't keep track of whose staying, going or coming back.

I won't pretend to know what he's going to do. But if he decides to stay I'd welcome it. My biggest question would be whether or not his teammates would feel the same.

I hope he comes back. His teamates will get over it if he comes in and performs.

Wow. Cu has to have the weirdest player/ personnel moves around:

Kai to FB
Shields gets PT, quits midseason
Josh goes rapping
Sumler gets a lot of PT, and is rumored to be moving on
Now DS who left to much ballyhoo, may be coming back

Strange days in Boulder.

I just don't see him coming back after quitting in mid-season. Any word if he finished the semester?

I think once you make a decision like that it is hard to recommit...he should move on.

I just don't see him coming back after quitting in mid-season. Any word if he finished the semester?

I think once you make a decision like that it is hard to recommit...he should move on.

I believe he did finish the semester. I thought the row was over him playing injured and his level of involvement. Obviously personality issues were a factor too.

I'd agree that it will be tough for him to bridge a comeback but realizing that he's not going to go to a near peer BCS program and he's unsure now what to do.

I think a fresh start is in his best interest.

I would welcome him back. We need talent in the back field. DS has the potential of becoming an every down back. I am not sold on Speedy being an every down back yet.

I hope he comes back to the team and finishes what he started. Certainly his time at CU hasn't been what we had all hoped it would be.

If I was him, I would ask CU if I could have a redshirt year next season. He may need a redshirt year, academically. That would leave him with 2 years to play for whoever coaches the team in 2011.

We're not in a position to be telling kids to go somewhere else. Especially kids with that kind of potential. Granted, he hasn't lived up to his potential yet, but we need all the talent we can get our hands on.

If he's willing to come back, I'm glad to have him.

He had to finish in good academic standing for him to be even considered at another program. His leaving won't hurt our APR. Under Hawk it's already taken its toll.

Whether or not he stays or goes I wish him well. I think he ends up in the Pac10 though.

:nod: There is almost no way he's going to be back in the spring. No way.

Is it possible the talk of Sumler leaving has DS thinking he'd get more playing time if he came back? From the sounds of things, CU might now be his best shot at national exposure - maybe he realized that it's very very likely Juicebox Talkins will be fired 3-4 games into the season and whoever takes over would actually give him a shot at something other than punt returns...

I don't believe there is any Sumler-Scott link.

Scott's deal is that he's not finding BCS takers in So Cal or close.

I sure hope he decides to come back - or not leave - whatever. The Buffs need him, and he'll have had time to completely heal by spring ball.

I won't pretend to know what he's going to do. But if he decides to stay I'd welcome it. My biggest question would be whether or not his teammates would feel the same.
I'm pretty sure his teamates feel like he stabbed them in the back. So, if he does decide to return, he will have a lot of trust to regain. That is not saying he can't do it. It will just be hard. He kind of walked out on them at a bad time.

I'd welcome him back....if he can earn his way back onto the field, what a turnaround story that would be. Plus, this time around he won't feel like he is owed playing time. This time he would have to earn it. We need all the special teams help we can get. What was he, averaging like 35 yards a return when healthy?!

I'd welcome him back....if he can earn his way back onto the field, what a turnaround story that would be. Plus, this time around he won't feel like he is owed playing time. This time he would have to earn it. We need all the special teams help we can get. What was he, averaging like 35 yards a return when healthy?!
technically, a lot of that was AFTER he got hurt.

I'm pretty sure his teamates feel like he stabbed them in the back. So, if he does decide to return, he will have a lot of trust to regain. That is not saying he can't do it. It will just be hard. He kind of walked out on them at a bad time.

You sure do speak for the players an awful lot. Do you personally know some players, or are you speculating?

I'd love to see him back. Kids make mistakes and I've got no problem with him getting a second chance.

The team needs him and I still think he can be a great back for someone. Maybe the Buffs

If DS comes back, Munchie still gets to keep the unicorn.

If DS comes back, Munchie still gets to keep the unicorn.

Why would DS want a Unicorn with Munchie's name on it? I've heard a rumor that DS's departure revolved largely around the fact that the unicorn bore someone else's name, and he never felt it was really his.

Why would DS want a Unicorn with Munchie's name on it? I've heard a rumor that DS's departure revolved largely around the fact that the unicorn bore someone else's name, and he never felt it was really his.

Are you implying that CU re-gifted Marcus Houston's unicorn?

Oh, here it is.

unicorn-1.jpg

Back